OT: George Zimmerman - Again

.19:

It wasn't "attempts". It was one sound plan and it worked. The economy today is still struggling along. With Reagan's plan long before the equivalent point in time jobs were being creaed at the rate of 300,000 to 400,000 per month. We had one month at over 1mil. At the same time, inflation was falling and horrific interest rates were declining.
The "shafting" was the temporary increase in unemployment for two years that was caused by the FED jacking interest rates to the roof to reign in inflation. Inflation that had been allowed to go unchecked and get worse by the previous adiminstration. The FED chairman was Paul Volcker, who was appointed by Carter. He did what he had to do, with Reagan's support.
There will likely be a similar day of reckoning and "shafting" in the future to deal with the consequences of Obama's spending orgy that now has the debt at $16tril, over 100% of GDP. The liberals will similarly try to blame that shafting on whoever is there cleaning it up.
>>In the aggregate that helped

Exactly. All Reagan did was enforce the law after giving them a warning before they striked and a further day or so to return to their jobs after they striked. And the fact that the USA now had a president who stood behind what he said and wasn't going to be pushed around was noticed. I've seen interviews with former Soviet Union officials where they said they were still trying to figure Reagan out in the summer of 81. When they saw what Reagan did with the ATCs, they realized that things had changed, he meant what he said, and if he was doing that to the ATCs, they knew he would be even tougher with them.

As you well know the blame will eventually go to the real cause - Bush.
--
Best regards
Han

There are those that will believe what the wish regardless of the facts. We've been told that over and over and over and over and over for the last 3 years!

Oh, give me a break. Your Bush Derangement Syndrome is waaaaay out of hand.
Go read the Constitution. The President submits a budget to Congress, but that budget has _no meaning at all_ until *Congress* enacts it into law. *Congress* deserves the blame.
By the way... are you aware that the deficit in *each* year of the Obama Presidency has been higher than in *all eight years* of the Bush Presidency *combined*?
So explain to me just how the $16T debt is Bush's fault.

You misspelled Obama
On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 17:10:52 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

Perhaps some day the pro union faction will realize that the union leaders are concerned about making money for the union leaders. They don't really give a damn about the rank and file. Unions outlived their usefulness sometime about 1970 or so.

Fact: Tax rates went down during Reagan. http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/04/us-tax-rates-1916-2010 /

Opinions are not facts. What people got shafted?

Air traffic controllers were not victimized. They broke the law -- they got fired. They were lucky they weren't imprisoned.

Of course they were higher then than now, because they have gone down further. Technically it is correct, statistically it shows how important it is to choose the correct baseline (grin).
wrote in message news:50c6fe69-4fb0-4620-b091-

Air traffic controllers were victimized by their union who imagined that somehow they could get away with extortion pure and simple. Both the traffic controllers and their union lost that one. And they should have known better considering Reagan's background with the Actors' Guild and California Governorship. The same kind of union nonsense is happening right now. Teachers are currently not happy with their unions and the representation they are (not) getting from their unions who are too busy sucking up to the Democrats. That's why the recall battle in Wisconsin is so important. If the unions lose there, it's going to undercut seriously their survival and political power in other states as well. And that would cost the Democrats as well.
The first REAL battle of the next election is happening right now in Wisconsin
<<Welcome to the club! Nice to have you here. He claimed to have kill filed me a long time ago too.>>
What a bald-faced lie. I've been replying to you on and off since I've been here. Everybody and his brother knows that. But not you. It's just that I mostly ignore you because there's no point in arguing with a liar. They'll just lie some more.
If you're so sure about your facts they should be easy to prove. I know what I've written and I've never claimed to have killfiled you. You tell us you're a conservative fact-based cold, logical engineer kind of guy, better than any liberal, right? So you should be able to use that logical mind to prove your assertion, Chet.
I'll bet you can't because I never said I killfiled you. In fact, if you look hard enough, you'll see messages in other groups that say I *avoid* putting anyone in a killfile to make sure they don't give bad advice to newbies. But your lies, accusations and egomania DO result in my mostly ignoring you because it's not possible to hold a civil discussion with a guy who lies as casually as you do.
I'll be waiting, liar, for you to prove your allegations. (-: God, how I love it when you step on your joint, over and over again. Here - you can read what I wrote about killfiles in case you don't know how to search Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?as_q=bobby+g+killfile+group%3Aalt.home.repair
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=bobby+g+killfile+group%3Acomp.home.automation
You've confused my putting you in a killfile with me making you my bitch. You're my bitch because you respond to nearly every post I make like Pavlov's dog but I only respond to you when *I* feel like it. That's the way I trained my dog, too.
Perhaps you need a new alias. How about Truthless Trader?
Enjoy your new sock puppet friend. Maybe you can shuck each other's socks . . . (-:
-- Bobby G.

Like there's a big diffence in killfiling versus ignoring? Geez, you can sure get your shorts up in a knot over little things. So you said you were going to ignore me, not killfile me. Are you happy now? Unlike you, when I'm wrong, I'll admit it. But I fail to see all the anger over the difference.

Oh good, we all will sleep better tonight knowing the lib loon is out there protecting us from bad advice. I'm here protecting against your half-baked political ideas. How do you like that?

I agree. It's obvious you're incapable of holding a civil discussion. You just proved that.

You only respond occasionally because you know your nonsense is just going to get crushed again by not only me, but so many others here. But given the bile spewed forth, I think it really would be better for your health if you did respond more often instead of letting it build up.
BTW, how much time did you waste doing those google searches on something that is so meaningless?

Poor you. The list of those on here that you just can't get along with continues to grow.

Indeed ? Booby doesn't seem to have much intellectual power (staying or not) Apparently after the first questioning of his claims he runs and hides by accusing the person challenging him of being a sock-puppet.

But it's very limited creation that depends more on fantasy than reality Ironically rational types have no problems taking the facts as known and trying to change the perspective in which they are seen and viewed to gain new insights and solutions They are both forms of lateral thinking - which is a form of creative thinking But somehow liberals can't seem to let go of their fantasies and replacing them with reality.
It's very Peter Pan-nish
Robert Green wrote:

Interesting question: Who stalked who? The shooting took place close to Zimmerman's car...

Probably And more than likely he wouldn't be spending his time ranting about it either.
On 4/12/2012 4:40 PM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

Hey: Sock puppet. Get your quotes right.
Just sayin'

shit as usual My quotes were right
You are demoting yourself from idiot to moron with every post you make. Well, being called a "sock puppet" by an idiot trying to prove he's a moron is no biggie...
"gonjah" <gonjah.net> wrote in message wrote: <snip>

Funny though how in the US civilians shoot more than double the criminals that police do. And all the while, police shoot about 6 times as many innocent bystanders as civilians do. "Shooting the guy" is NOT the problem The circumstances of the shooting are the problem
Too bad you haven't figured that out yet.

In your case I agree You don't seem bright enough. For the rest of us, you are NOT the one to decide. (Thank God for that)
On 4/12/2012 4:40 PM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

Then you agree. There is some hope for you.

LOL
So your reading for comprehension skills are also sub-optimal. And you babble about the vocabulary of others.
On Apr 11, 1:19am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

No, in order for the owners to have any legal input into how the HOA operates, i.e. the election of board members or other officers, they have to have an interest in ownership in the association corporation which is established in the HOA documents...
That means that they own a percentage of every event which takes place on the common areas of the association property even if they did not participate in it... The owners who never show up to HOA meetings still have to pay fee assessments/fines levied against their units by the HOA board even if they pretty much live in ignorance of how it all works...
What this means is that if someone wins an award for damages against the association corporation, all those stakeholders in that corporation, i.e. the unit owners, are financially responsible to fund the payment of those damages via "special/emergency assessments" or via the entire corporation and their real property interests namely their units being liquidated by the court or a court appointed receiver to settle the debt...
There is no insulation or immunity from that jeopardy afforded to the unit owners by any association corporation, HOA board, HOA board insurance, state law protecting board officers, the flawed SYG proclaimed immunity which only prohibits criminal sanctions for the death involved but says nothing about civil immunity from liability...
Without the common property you no longer have an HOA, and you have owners of units who have no legal means to access their property if the common elements have been seized or surrendered... So, yes, if the association insurance can not or will not cover the damages, then the unit owners are on the hook to cough up the money even if that means dissolution and liquidation of their real property and chattels to accomplish that payment process...
Now about your final sentiment:

Umm... Buzzz... Wrong answer... Those 45 calls to the police were mostly long prior to his involvement with NW... However, this death in the final confrontation as a part of NW came AFTER his interruption of an attempted burglary... He was hailed a hero blah blah blah...
So the pattern of 45 calls to the police over a several year period is something that shows a pattern of conduct... He broke up an attempted crime recently and may have become emboldened by his "instincts" and snapped to a flawed judgment with Trayvon...
Since his last intervention was heroic, the ends justify the means, this mental trapping is common in law enforcement and is called "noble cause corruption"... Someone died because of the escalation...