OT: GE pays no income tax

Page 8 of 8

The only problem with that theory is that AFAIK, there isn't anything in the tax code that says GE is exempt, or that GE pays at a different rate than any of their competitors. The NY Times outlined some of the ways GE is avoiding paying taxes and all those methods are available to it's competitors who can do the same thing. Funny, the govt passes tax breaks for wind and solar energy. GE does what the govt wants and is incentivizing, then they get made out to be the villain.

Yep, and those others would include GE competitors, so there goes that argument.

From what I've seen here, it's obvious many people have not taken economics 101.

You think just maybe the problem could be that instead of there not being enough taxes, there is jut way too much spending?

I'm sure they're quaking in their boots. I'm looking at buying a new security panel and GE is at the top of my list.

I don't call it punishing them when what is asked of them is that they get rid of tenure, so we can fire the incompetent ones. I never had tenure in any job I've had. Nor do I call it punishing them when they are asked to pay part of their own healthcare cost. If that's punishment, then what's Obama doing by FORCING everyone to buy insurance if they don't have it?

If you want to propose eliminating most of the loopholes while lowering the corp tax rate, I'm all for that. How about we start with the tax breaks for wind and solar. GE used those, so they must be bad, right?
On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:34:38 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

yep. .that's what taxes do. those who buy those products should pay the taxes AND the capital gains taxes should be RAISED
because THIS is the economy we have after deregulating wall street.