OT Fukushima. The truth is coming out?

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2012/04/494793.html
I am impressed by how relatively brave the French appear to be. The French get 80% of their electricity from nuclear power. And then there are the hype spreading pussies who whine and moan about fossil fuels, but the same people don't realize the benefit of ZERO GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS nuclear power.
Thousands of people died in the tsunami. Nobody is known to have even gotten sick from the Fukushima nuclear power plant failure. So what are the pussies doing? Whining about nuclear power.
--

harry <haroldhrmtg aol.com> wrote:
see also Google Groups

So what's your plan for the radio-active waste? Oh, I know, leave it for your grandkids to sort out (along with the national debt).

Vitrify and put into tunnels like Yucca Mountain.
Even safer would be to drop into subduction zones between crustal plates, but it's probably not worth the extra effort.
Also, some proposed kinds of thorium reactors could burn it as a side-effect.
Really, the only thing that makes it dangerous is doing nothing, which is about what we do now. Go figure.
J.
harry wrote:

Silly and ignorant rhetorical objection.
There are a LOT of plans for nuclear waste: Shoot it into the sun, encase it in molten glass and dump the ingots into the ocean, put it in a Nevada cave, etc.
We haven't implemented one because we don't NEED to implement one.
Yet.
By waiting until the need is urgent, we may have a better solution available.
Something I occasionally do. I do a search for ">>" without the quotes. And then all the messages that are that repeatedly indented get marked read. Cuts down on my scrolling time, a lot.
People take themselves TOO seriously and I view Usenet as a source of entertainment. I was busy for a few weeks on a job where I was called in to straighten out a big mess so an old customer and friend could get his new location opened, which put me thousands of posts behind in this newsgroup. I try to keep up with a number groups but running myself into the ground meant I was so exhausted and in too much pain to do much web surfing. I'm still over 3,000 posts behind in this group. ^_^
TDD