OT Four minute hack

A hacker claimed he got into the Obamacare website in four minutes. Article here in the Washington Times. http://tinyurl.com/m3jzwxe

When a 17 year old boy can write the code to access all of the credit/debit card info in the Target store no information is very safe. I think he was in Russia also, not even in the states.
Microsoft XP has been around for 13 years and they are still issuing security updates. I think the news said about 95% of the automatic teller machines use it.

I have not updated my xp in ages. Works fine. I think most updates are or IE or outlook. The last time i heard of a major infiltration was W2K about 10 years ago. I go hit at work.
Greg
On 1/20/2014 10:10 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Until April.

Been delayed.
Greg
On 1/21/2014 12:47 AM, gregz wrote:

One email friend of mine said something about malware with a date code to "go off" the day after MS support ends. Not sure how true that is.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 01/20/14 09:35 pm, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I heard a Republican lawmaker saying that the US Govt. hasn't updated its methods of buying technology for 25 years and that it's time it did so.
Perce

Right, that's true -- he never actually used the word "invented". What he said was -- quote --
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."
So you're right. He never said he invented it. Just that he created it.

No, he said he took the initiative. His phrasing was clumsy and imprecise. He probably should have said, "I took the initiative in funding the creation of the Internet as we know it today."
Can you speak extemporaneously without making any mistakes?
Cindy Hamilton

Dean Hoffman > wrote:

Did he sign up for insurance?? It sounds like they need more paying enrollees.