OT For people that don't drive

Most, if not all states will issue a state ID card to anyone that can provide the appropriate feeder documents, and doesn't have a drivers license. Looks just like drivers license, but says 'ID Card', and has a different color band on it.

Sadly, between modern commerce and court decisions of the last 40 years, any adult pretty much HAS to carry ID, for practical purposes. It ain't right, and it ain't what the law says, but what are you gonna do? 'Your papers, please?', etc. I give it another 10-15 years, tops, before federal Real ID law morphs all the state DLs into a backdoor National ID Card, which is what the Nanny-Staters have been proposing for decades, and many countries already have.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

aemeijers wrote in news:Vghwl.458993$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

The US and Holland used to be the only countries where there was no legal requirement to carry ID. Now ther is only 1, nominally, the US.

Reply to
Han

If you don't have a drivers' license, do you carry ID? What do you use?

Reply to
metspitzer

for security purposes the day is coming where everyone will be required to provide a DNA sample, Retinal scan, Fingerprints, and get a implanted RF chip to prove identity. all tied to a secure registry.

carrying credit cards will be unnecessary, put hand on scanner it says your john doe, fingerprints confirm it. heres a list of your credit cards which one do you want to use?

national dna registry will revalutonize crime detection and prevention.

Reply to
bob haller

Hope I'm worm food before all that comes to pass. I've still got the guns, but I'm too damn old and blind to live in the woods.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

metspitzer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I steal other people's and use them, especially if the cops want to arrest me.

Reply to
Me

Back in the old days when the DMV labeled me a "persistant violator" and took my license I had to get an LCB card.

Reply to
Limp Arbor

They effectively made the driver's license a national ID card when they mandated they all had to use the same format and all of the data would be given to the feds.

Reply to
George

Of coruse, Mexican wetbacks will be exempt, and will get increased benefits paid for by taxpayers grand children.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Teach your kids and grand kids how to shoot, and how to read the Constitution. And bury a gun some where.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Something called freedom, which a few old people remember. The long forgotten thought that people could do what they wanted, with a few exceptions like crime. And that the government had something quaintly called the "burden of proof". They, government, had to prove thier case before they could tell us free citizens what to do. Like telling us to carry ID cards. Only us old folks remember that. And one at a time, we die off and the Obama people march blindly into totalitarian government. Ah, the dictators of the last century would be laughing thier asses off, to see what we have put up with.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Have you seen HR45? It will require you to have a firearms license for EACH of those guns. (at $25 a pop)

Reply to
gfretwell

We have lost our basic rights as American citizens. If you are stopped by police and they request ID you will go to jail.

Reply to
Phisherman

Guns made over 40 years ago have certain advantages- no paper trail.

Reply to
aemeijers

Every time I visit a gun show, I take a gun to trade, face-to-face, with no documentation. I, personally, have probably screwed up the paper trail for at least 40 guns in the past ten years.

Reply to
HeyBub