OT for home repair -- armor all on tires

Details snipped.
I don't completely agree. I've only ever used Armor All on one car dashboard. On that particular car, the dash was getting splotchy looking and needed something. As soon as I applied it, the appearance was as good as new and remained so until I traded the car about a year later.
As for the addiction: When the plastics are first formulated, it does contain some additives that gas off over time. When you apply a topical coating, it is on the top surface and does not penetrate as the original mix had. It just will not last as long so yes, it will have to be re-applied at some interval.
In my opinion, if it does not need it, why apply it? One it does need it, you will have to do it periodically forever. It is a coating, not a plastic additive. Once the original plastcizer is gone, you will never replace it. Just as you have to paint y our house every dozen years or so, a bad dash will need some help.
On 10/20/2013 8:06 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I figure that addicted or not, the spray helps keep things good, and not sun-cracked. I'm OK with that, in any case.

gray. These guys want a "spit polish" on their "boots".
On Friday, October 18, 2013 6:57:16 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Who makes Armor All? A tire manufacturer.
What do tire manufacturers want you to do? Buy more tires.
You do the math.
On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 08:12:30 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The operating company is Armored Products Inc. It is currently owned by Avista Capital Partners. Their largest holding today is DataBank.

I always put ArmorAll on my data.
The slickness allows for higher throughput and it looks really good going through the clear Cat 5 cables I use.