OT for home repair -- armor all on tires

That reminded me that in addition to the two dashes of my own it ruined a friend of mine ruined the dash in his 75 blazer with the stuff. At the same time I watched our fleet cars that never got armoralled go 100,000 miles, always parked in the sun, and hardly ever did their dashes crack.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

another thing that I've noticed is that "color keyed" dash pads seem to be more prone to cracking than basic black for some reason. My dad's pickup truck was bought new by my grandfather and by the time it was 10 years old or so the dash pad was badly cracked (green in color.) When I was in high school I bought a same year pickup truck as a parts donor for a hot rod project and the black dash in it was still soft. Nice side benefit was that parts I didn't need but looked like they might be needed got pulled and stashed or used for my dad's truck. Pretty sure my dad's truck still has that black pad in it today.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Who makes Armor All? A tire manufacturer.

What do tire manufacturers want you to do? Buy more tires.

You do the math.

Reply to
dennisgauge

it was a motorcycle or bike forum

Reply to
Fat-Dumb and Happy

Since when is STP a tire company??? ( and yes, STP bought Armor-All) The operating company is Armored Products Inc. It is currently owned by Avista Capital Partners. Their largest holding today is DataBank.

Reply to
clare

I always put ArmorAll on my data.

The slickness allows for higher throughput and it looks really good going through the clear Cat 5 cables I use.

Reply to
DerbyDad03