OT....Fixing yard

We had a snow storm last Thursday/Friday. I live across the street from a culdesac, where it "T's" into a main street in the allotment.

Besides waking up to almost a foot of snow, the tree lawn or some call the devil strip had been plowed. At the stop sign for the culdesac, there was a pile of salt a few inches deep, with a trail leading over to the tree lawn. As of Sunday, all the snow had melted, we went from one extreme to another. I have this area approx. 100' long by 2' wide where the plow ran.

I called the city on Monday, and they said they would get back to me. Here it is Wednesday, and I called them again. I was told it probably wasn't the plow driver. UGH! There's still salt at the stop sign, and there's still a trail leading over to the tree lawn.

Anyways, I have to put this plowed up sod back in place. What's the best way to go about it? I was thinking about calling a lawn service, but don't know if anyone would want to attempt to fix this mess. I really believe the city should fix it, apparently they're not in the habit of admitting their mistakes.

Thanks

Reply to
Chrissy Wellard

Take pictures. Contact your elected officials in the city rather than the yahoo that is answered phone calls. Do not call a lawn service, do not endeavor to fix it yourself. It's not your land to do so. But do contact the elected city officials, particularly the one servicing your specific district of the city. Or try to punch through the operator types and get to the person who supervises the plowing folk. Even then you may find a disposition to covering their ass. So the elected officials are probably your best avenue to effective resolution.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Guy in the next town to mine went through a nightmare with this some years ago- he had well water- permanently ruined by salt. Pipes corroded , too. After years of lawsuits and denials by county of their plainly obvious responsibility, he finally got partial relief. This was a lot of salt, though. I'd definitely get pix and get responsible parties out there to see/ fix.

Reply to
Sev

Reply to
kv888831393ster