OT: eye glasses hinges

I know there are places to do this but I want to try. I want to try to tighten the hinges on several eye glasses. I have the mini screw drivers which appear to fit the screws but the screws seem to be very tight already even tho the stem swings back and forth easily. Is there something maybe I can squirt in or on the screws that will make the swing action less loose (the opposite of lubricating) ? Of course I don't mean I want to use glue but something to cause more friction.

Nail polish.
Doug,
Remove the screw and separate the ear piece. Look at the hinge. With needle nose pliers squeeze the hinge a little tighter. Test and tighten until you are happy. Reattach the earpiece using thread cement or nail polish on the screw.
Dave M.
On 08/06/2012 09:01 AM, Dave M. wrote:

One trick you can use towards this end is to insert a shim into the hinge so that when you compress it with the needle-nosed pliers you don't compress it too much. Those little parts don't have a lot of feedback, and it's hard to stop at 1/64" without going full tilt to 1/32".
Jon