OT: Electric car batteries

Page 1 of 11
Why has nobody ever thought of a removable electric car battery? You know how with a camping gas cylinder, you take it to be refilled, but they don't refill it while you wait, you simply get a full one in exchange? Why not do the same with the car batteries? A "petrol station" could have a big rack of batteries charging at whatever rate, and you simply pay, take a full one, and slot in your empty one.
--
Please do not look into laser with remaining eye.

Oops, should have googled first. Someone is doing it properly: https://youtu.be/H5V0vL3nnHY
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 6:55:43 AM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:
m> wrote:

now how with a camping gas cylinder, you take it to be refilled, but they d on't refill it while you wait, you simply get a full one in exchange? Why not do the same with the car batteries? A "petrol station" could have a bi g rack of batteries charging at whatever rate, and you simply pay, take a f ull one, and slot in your empty one.

youtu.be/H5V0vL3nnHY

very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
tesla tried that it wasnt very popular......

Don't be absurd, that's the method anyone with half a brain would use. 90 seconds or 30 minutes to charge your car? Obvious choice.
--
A woman was standing at the edge of a cliff trying to get the nerve to jump off.
A homeless drunk stopped and mumbled, "If you're about to kill yourself, how about a shag before you go?"
On 06/22/2016 05:17 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Yes, that's the method you would use. However people with two halves of a brain...
On 22/06/2016 14:55, rbowman wrote:

> Lol.

Clearly the well known phrase means "at least half a brain", but evidently Mr Bowman only has a quarter so couldn't figure this out.
--
23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their buttocks.

On 06/22/2016 08:12 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Don't blame me if you feed me straight lines.

I was assuming some background knowledge.
--
Why hasn't there ever been a woman on the moon?
It doesn't need cleaning yet.

Tell me why sitting about for 30 minutes is advantageous to you.
--
23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their buttocks.

On 06/22/2016 08:11 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

The only feasible use for an electric car in this state is local commuting. 30 minutes or 3 hours in the driveway and plugged in when I get home from work, what's the difference?

In most places, people go on holiday for 500 miles. One or two half hour stops isn't too bad, but I'd certainly prefer just swapping the battery and carrying on. Maybe I'm impatient. But consider how much land is needed for cars to sit for 30 minutes.
--
Why is the front of an aeroplane called a cockpit?
If you have female pilots do you call it a pussypit?

My car doesn't take any more space to sit for a year than it does for so minutes, or 30 seconds. My british cars didn't either - - -
On 6/23/2016 10:21 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Most British cars sat at the dealership waiting for repairs.
Sir Lucas, you left your lights on. Oh, they just went out. Really dark.

Ducellier and Paris Rhone are every bit as bad, and more difficult to fix.
On 06/23/2016 08:21 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I once had an Austin Healey sprite. That didn't take much space to sit at all...

I almost bought one, but there wasn't enough room IN it for me to sit (as a 110 lb 6'2" 16 year old)
On 06/24/2016 03:06 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Back in the day I was about 6' 2" and 200 pounds. Watching me get in and out must have been entertaining, particularly with the top up. The funny thing was a friend had a 3000 I drove a couple of times and I found the Sprite more comfortable. I don't know about the new ones but Corvettes were the same. I'd looked at a '65 Stingray and I realized it wasn't going to work unless I wanted to drive around with my chin on my knees.
When the Fiero came out I stopped at the dealer's to take a look. A salesman who had sold my a Firebird a couple of years before yelled across the showroom 'They don't make those in your size.' Another time I went in to buy a Porsche 914 and left with an Audi. Should have stayed with the Porsche; the Audi had ergonomically designed seats that went with somebody else's ergo. It's the only car that I really came to dislike. Well, there was the Fiat Spyder. It was comfortable enough but it should have come with a small Italian mechanic in the trunk.

Fix It Again Tony!!!

You can't be that stupid, you're Canadian not American. Have another think about it, then ask if you need a detailed explanation, but be warned I might giggle.
--
A Jewish woman is sitting at a bar. A man approaches her.
"Hi, honey," he says. "Want a little company?"