OT: Ebola, interesting NBC story on how big business dealt with it

Page 8 of 8
On 11/1/2014 6:57 AM, trader_4 wrote:

With that many infected people travelling, it's not rocket surgery to figure out we'll have a few more case zero, in the USA before too long.
I'm concerned about the disease. I'm more concerned at the government (lack of) response.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Yeah I noticed that later. Actually I was being even more conservative trying to suggest fever at 101.4. Either way, the point being made was that when she called CDC with elevated temp, it was still within normal variations and not indicative of anything.
but what they conceal is vital.?
In article

Since she isn't as much of an expert on a disease that is just reaching the US for the first as you are, it would seem to be very smart to consult with someone who actually is experienced in the care of Ebola.
but what they conceal is vital.?
On Saturday, November 1, 2014 7:19:41 AM UTC-4, Kurt Ullman wrote:

It wasn't like the nurse just decided to call the CDC either. She had been required to check her temperature twice a day and report the results to her contacts at the CDC. It was in that context, that she reported the elevated temp and she talked to CDC several times about the issue of getting on the plane.
One would think that the CDC would have the doctors and scientists that are experts that can better evaluate risk as compared to a nurse. Malcom wants it both ways. First it's all about the CDC "experts" having the right "protocols" for Ebola and the hospital in Dallas is totally at fault for the nurses getting infected. Then the CDC protocols allow a nurse with an elevated temp, who treated an Ebola patient from the same hospital where another nurse was already infected to get on a plane. According to Malcom, it's the nurse that's responsible, not a word about the CDC. Go figure. Next he'll try to claim it's Gov Perry's fault for allowing the nurse to get on a plane in Cleveland. Actually, I'm surprised he hasn't tried to pin that on Ohio GOP Gov Kasich.
In article

Because she isn't the all-knowing oracle, beacon of knowledge and possessor of that is known by mankind as the Exalted Malcolm? Really? They don't teach Ebola in nursing schools (or heck even medical schools for that matter). Would you rather she just thrash about without the most complete and up-to-date information. Technically her "fever" at least according to the news reports at the time was still within the normal range of variance, it isn't like one has a fever at 98.7 or anything.
but what they conceal is vital.?
In article

Less lengths (by a few orders of magnitude) than you go to stir up problems that aren't there...
but what they conceal is vital.?
On Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:37:13 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

Pointless point.
Wasn't the hospital in Dallas private?