We recently found-out that we were being fed slime and now we find out that we’ve been eating scrape as well.
On 4/15/2012 11:31 AM, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
I don't think there was any problem with "pink slime" other than some
asshole TV chef calling it that.
OTOH, I think eating raw fish is stupid. More people get sick from it
than eating chicken or beef because it is more easily contaminated.
It was a scientist at the FDA that came up with Pink Slime. The TV
chef only brought it to the attention of the public. Until recently,
that stuff was not allowed for human consumption and was used in pet
food. Magically, one day ammoniated beef is OK to eat.
That's not the way it is decided.
Ammonia is considered GRAS by the FDA and used in lots of food products:
You can have my share. The Canadians were smart enough to prohibit
it. It is so safe it is not allowed to be sold to us directly. Yeah,
I want to eat that for sure.
The term "pink slime" was coined in 2002 by Gerald Zirnstein, who at
that time was a microbiologist for the United States Department of
Agriculture (USDA) Food Safety and Inspection Service, but some
state officials have objected to the nickname, saying that "lean,
finely textured beef is the proper name."
In the United States, the additive itself cannot legally be sold
directly to consumers, but can constitute up to 15% of ground beef
without additional labeling, and can also be added to other meat
products such as beef-based processed meats. Prior to the invention
of the disinfection process, beef scraps could only be sold as pet
food or as an ingredient for cooking oil.
IMHO, anyone who gets sick after eating raw fish has nobody to blame but himself.
We recently found-out that we were being fed slime and now we find out that
we’ve been eating scrape as well.
Criminently! You're here because your not so long ago ancestors ate rotten
meat, slugs, and anything they could get their hands on. It was only the
last generation that did essentially the same thing out on the farm.
Get over yourself.
Everyone dies of something. You'll probably choke to death on some huge
bite of pork.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.