OT - Duct Tape; Gets rid of warts!

Umm,,, more of a myth or wives tale covering warts with any tape will cause them to go away. Warts are actually caused by a strain of HPV and unless they are surgically remove they will reappear. Not saying in some remote cases tape doesn't help to shrink or prevent further growth but there are no medically documented cases proving tape as a qualified medical treatment.

Reply to
Doktor Jacques Strapp

A doctor at our states largest university teaching hospital recommended duct tape for warts. And it worked!

Reply to
John Normile

I don't think I ever had a wart (except a plantar's wart on the sole of my foot, which isn't the same thing)

But when I was a teenager, I had a bump about 3/16 across and a millimeter thick that did't go away, on the side of a finger. The doctor had me put tape over it for a couple weeks. It went away, in less time iirc than I had already had it. I think the tape did it, not just the passage of time. I think the finger next to it was rubbing it and "keeping it alive".

When my brother was in med school, he had a sore swolen finger or something, and my mother told him to soak it in salt water. The next day he decided he should go to the clinic at the med school and ask a doctor. The doctor told him to soak it in salt water. My brother said, "Hey, that's my mother said." The doctor said, "That's where I learned it."

Reply to
mm

I do that a lot over the winter. My finger tips are calloused, dry out, split, and bleed. Little suckers hurt like hell and don't heal easy. Soaking them in very warm salt water a couple times a day fixes 'em up. Then if I remember I soak them every other day even when they aren't split for preventive maintenance.

Reply to
Tony

It's the reason I couldn't play the guitar. As soon as I built up a callous, it would split and I would get blood all over the fretboard, besides it stinging like hell. This was not only in the the winter, but the summer as well. I coulda been a contender! :-)

Reply to
willshak

When I was a kid, I had a bunch of warts on my hand. The doctor gave me a prescription for a medication to put on them. Woke up one morning and they were gone. He also told me a lot of folklore about warts seems to work.

In one case, he had the kid trace his hand on a piece of paper, then mark the location of the warts. He told the kid to have his mother burn the paper and bury the ash in the back yard and his warts would disappear in two weeks. The mother thought the doctor was nuts, but in two weeks, warts gone.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Much less time. Now I think I had had the bump for months before I used the tape.

Hmmm. What kind of paper was that? Do you know where I could get some?

Reply to
mm

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

So did this doc have tarot cards and voodoo dolls in his arsenal too?

Did the pharmacist have to kill a goat to make up your script from this doc?

:-)

Reply to
Red Green

Here's some more info on duck tape.