(OT) Do all versions of Windows have START > HELP?

Do all versions of Windows have START > HELP?
More than once I have run into people who dont know what version of Windows they have.
I know in Win98, Win2000, and XP, you click the START button, and choose HELP, and the version pops up. I have not used any Windows newer than XP.....
Is this the same for Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10?
Yea, I know there are utilities, such as CPU-ID which will also show it, but I dont carry that util around with me.
It's amazing how many people dont have a clue which OS they are using...
On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 11:43:31 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I'm running. I know I'm running W-10 but I can click on my Control Panel and within it I can click on Administrative Tools and it will tell me what I'm running.
On 03/30/2016 11:13 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

Just hit Win+Break to open up the <can't remember what it's called> window. It has all of the information there.
Jon
| Just hit Win+Break to open up the <can't remember what it's called> | window. It has all of the information there. |
?? For me that opens the Start Menu, which I could do with a click of the mouse. I don't understand people who memorize obscure command lines for control panel applets, or obscure key combinations for other operations, when we've had a mouse ever since the 20th century. :)
On 3/31/2016 9:59 AM, Mayayana wrote:

I can use a key combination easier and faster than grab a mouse and move it across the screen for a click or three. I learned to do things like that when DOS was the norm.
| I learned to do things like | that when DOS was the norm.
Exactly. Welcome to the modern era. Let me know if you need help with those electric car windows. :)
On 31 Mar 2016, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote in alt.home.repair:

For the past several versions of Windows, click on Start | Run (or hit Windowskey+R) and type in "winver". A box pops up showing the version.
On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 03:45:54 -0400, Nil

OK, I'm running Win98 right now, and that works in 98 too. But if I go to control panel and click on SYSTEM, I get more detailed info (It says Win98 second edition 4.10.2222 A (Not just Windows 98).
| OK, I'm running Win98 right now, and that works in 98 too. But if I go | to control panel and click on SYSTEM, I get more detailed info (It says | Win98 second edition 4.10.2222 A (Not just Windows 98). | You can do that in any version.

Ok, thats what I wanted to know. At least that way there is a univeral way to find out the version.
On 03/30/2016 10:42 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

If they sleep through the startup splash screens knowing which OS they are using isn't going to help. For many people a computer is like a refrigerator. If it keeps the beer cold, who cares how it works?
On 3/31/2016 7:10 AM, rbowman wrote:

Exactly.
And, "which OS" is actually a pretty useless distinction -- for anything more than a generalization ("I drive a Chevy"). Given the preponderence of service packs, updates, etc. the "OS" designation tells anyone truly interested virtually nothing about what they can expect from that particular machine.