OT -- Disabling Wireless on Modem/Router

I installed this modem/router, but cannot find any instructions as to how to turn the wireless on & off, or any other wireless settings. Anyone have a suggestion?
Quick setup instructions say to connect to http://192.168.0.1 , but mine will not connect to it.
Here's the unit I have: http://www.actiontec.com/262.html
Thanks in advance.
SJ
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:

Hi, Assuming your OS is Windows and you connected Ethernet(CAT5) cable to the router. Did you hit reset button on router? Wait until it cycles thru and come up ready. Can you ping that ip address? If so do a command ipconfig /all Can you see gateway address is 192.68.0.1? under the heading Ethernet adapter wired? If not do a command ipconfig /renew, do you see the address? The gateway address better be 192.168.x.x which you should use. If the router is not brand new, default gateway address could be changed by previous owner. You have to use that changed one, always 192.168.x.x after finding it and get access to router you can change it to what you want but always 192.168.x.x.
Often times modem attached routers are not good performers. Most people put it into bridge mode and hook up their own router. Also if bridge mode is not available, can do same thing using DMZ of your own router.Also don't forget to clear the browser cache just to be sure.
On Monday, January 12, 2015 at 4:43:30 PM UTC-5, Snuffy Hub Cap McKinney wrote:

Presumbably if you installed it, you had to communicate with it to set it up. My router, that is done through the same IP address you posted above. Did it work then? Or maybe you used some settup software that ran on the PC to set it up so you didn't use that IP address method?
What happens when you just put that IP address into the browser address? I think that's your only option for getting into it to turn the radio off or to do anything else. I also assume said router is currently working on that PC, thereby proving it's not a connectivity issue?
Only other thing I can think of is any antivirus or similar software running that might be blocking you?

to how to turn the wireless on & off, or any other wireless settings. Anyone have a suggestion?

mine will not connect to it.

Thanks Tony. Yes, no change.

Pinging 192.68.0.1 ---- requests times out. no connections

Where would I look for the heading?

Yes.

When I hit "enter', something flashes on the screen too fast to see

Router is new out of the box from Verizon. I connected it here. Verizon tech released bindings and whatever else was needed for it to connect from his office.

people

Cleared cache - same issues.
wrote in

Is it possible to connect using a cable? You had better be able to do that, otherwise disabling the wireless will give you a useless piece of plastic.

Shut down both modem and your computer. Turn on modem and allow it to sync. Then turn on the computer. It ought to find the modem automatically.
Using Google, I found this: http://screenshots.portforward.com/routers/Actiontec/GT784WNV/Wireless_Basic_Settings.htm Here is where you disable the wireless.
--
Tegger

guide

web

the password and turned off the wireless.

You're probably right. Verizon is only pushing FIOS here now - probably stopped selling DSL in this area several years ago. What is called on ebay as "old new". No date or date codes on this one and no instructions in the box.

Yes, I only use wired at home and work. I don't mind running wires to every room if needed. Have seen too many incidents of people's "secure" systems getting hacking into.

http://screenshots.portforward.com/routers/Actiontec/GT784WNV/Wireless_Ba sic_Settings.htm

Thanks, Mr. T!