OT: DiHydrogen monoxide petition drive

touche'

Reply to
RickH

Yes, the Hollywood elites are now running a fight Malaria campaign, of course with no mention of the fact that DDT was working quite well at slowing down Malaria until until it was banned by thier ilk. I think the whole world is going British on us with all this PC/GW/thought- police crap.

Reply to
RickH

It's also lousy with Hydrogen-Hydroxide, the single most dangerous chemical in the universe.

Reply to
krw

No, ONE is too many.

Reply to
HeyBub

Huh? DDT is not toxic to humans, certainly not fatal.

I recall when the ban went into effect. There was a couple in California (where else) that were EATING a spoonful of DDT each day.

Maybe they died. Or ran out of DDT. I never saw a follow-up story.

Reply to
HeyBub

video

Actually we love to laugh:

Most creative artistic people, including comedians are members of the left.

The enormously popular right wing talk shows are all about complaining. Listen to the callers. Right wing idols are all complainers and/or cryers. Very thin skinned ones at that. Left wing political entertainment is all humor.

Seems to me the righties are a pretty humorless bunch. I mean look at what you find funny? You guys take yourself way too seriously.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

Bah! Note the weasel-words in your citation: "*POTENTIAL* mechanisms of action on humans are genotoxicity and endocrine disruption. DDT *MAY* be directly genotoxic, but *MAY* also induce enzymes to produce other genotoxic intermediates and DNA adducts.

These reports are even more weasely than the global warming missives.

Reply to
HeyBub