OT: DiHydrogen monoxide petition drive

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 12:15:06 -0600, The Daring Dufas

It is the deadliest chemical in the universe.

;-)
On 12/12/2010 12:36 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Actually we love to laugh:
http://comedians.about.com/od/top10lists/tp/top10politicalcomedians.htm
Most creative artistic people, including comedians are members of the left.
The enormously popular right wing talk shows are all about complaining. Listen to the callers. Right wing idols are all complainers and/or cryers. Very thin skinned ones at that. Left wing political entertainment is all humor.
Seems to me the righties are a pretty humorless bunch. I mean look at what you find funny? You guys take yourself way too seriously.
Jeff
snipped-for-privacy@YAHOO.COM (JIMMIE) writes:
| > At the Cancun United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP | 16) | > symposium. | > | > Every delegate approached by the petition-wielders signed the petition. | > (Whether they stopped at, say, five, or managed to poll all 25,000 | > attendees, the article doesn't say.) | > | > With videohttp://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/12/08/cop16-attendees-fall-for -| the-ol... | | Wonder how many guys signed it knowing it was BS but just liked the | pretty girl or because they had a sense of humor about it.
I suspect another factor is that people have been conditioned to see bans as good, "pro-active" measures to make them safer. That they do not know what is being banned is just icing on the cake.
It might be fun to circulate a petition to guarantee the availability of dihydrogen monoxide without a prescription. Point out that dihydrogen monoxide has many recreational uses and has been recognized as a medicinal by ancient and native cultures. Include a cagey statement that used in moderation dihydrogen monoxide has not been definitively proven to cause harm or lead to addiction and/or act as a gateway drug. See how many people refuse to sign that...
On Dec 12, 4:25pm, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:

Yes, the Hollywood elites are now running a fight Malaria campaign, of course with no mention of the fact that DDT was working quite well at slowing down Malaria until until it was banned by thier ilk. I think the whole world is going British on us with all this PC/GW/thought- police crap.
harry wrote:

Huh? DDT is not toxic to humans, certainly not fatal.
I recall when the ban went into effect. There was a couple in California (where else) that were EATING a spoonful of DDT each day.
Maybe they died. Or ran out of DDT. I never saw a follow-up story.
harry wrote:

Bah! Note the weasel-words in your citation: "*POTENTIAL* mechanisms of action on humans are genotoxicity and endocrine disruption. DDT *MAY* be directly genotoxic, but *MAY* also induce enzymes to produce other genotoxic intermediates and DNA adducts.
These reports are even more weasely than the global warming missives.

Also proves that a man or possible lesbian will sign anything if the woman asking looks like this:
http://www.krismcgaha.com/tildy/5.jpg and that women will go along with what ever the man theyre with does.