OT: DiHydrogen monoxide petition drive

Page 1 of 2
At the Cancun United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP 16) symposium.
Every delegate approached by the petition-wielders signed the petition. (Whether they stopped at, say, five, or managed to poll all 25,000 attendees, the article doesn't say.)
With video http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/12/08/cop16-attendees-fall-for-the-old-dihydrogen-monoxide-petition-as-well-as-signing-up-to-cripple-the-u-s-economy/
HeyBub wrote:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/12/08/cop16-attendees-fall-for-the-old-dihydrogen-monoxide-petition-as-well-as-signing-up-to-cripple-the-u-s-economy /
like they say "There's one born every minute" Whats scarier is that this are so called scientist and experts? I don't think god can even save us
Did you know that everytime you exhale you put CO2 in the air. CO2 kills. You MUST stop breathing now. If you take one more breath, you will destroy the world.
Thank You for Not Breathing !!!
snipped-for-privacy@simplelife.com wrote:

It's CO that kills. CO2 is fine as long as you have O2 too.
--
14 days until The winter celebration (Saturday December 25, 2010
12:00:00 AM).

Depends. You will stilll have _some_ O2 present even while dying of CO2 poisoning.
Harry K

CO2 in the BLOOD (pH) triggers the breathing reflex. The CO2 concentration in the lungs is irrelevant (below where it interferes with the blood taking up oxygen).
On Dec 10, 8:57pm, snipped-for-privacy@simplelife.com wrote:

We need to ban Coca Cola too! It contains a lot of that CO2 poison intentionally placed there too, and to think they probably even served Coke at the GW shindig, further proving their hypocrisy.
On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:48:25 -0800 (PST), RickH

It's also lousy with Hydrogen-Hydroxide, the single most dangerous chemical in the universe.
On 12/10/2010 3:17 PM, ChairMan wrote:

Notice how the video carefully neglects to identify the people they're talking to, who include college-age kids. These people aren't UN delegates to the convention, nor are they scientists. They had name badges on them; you can bet your boots that if the makers of this video found anyone of any substance to fall for their petitions, they'd have gleefully identified them for their audience. They didn't. Why? Because if you knew who they really were, that would've undermined the whole point of this video.
This was filmed at an exhibit hall where companies and organizations related to the conference theme rented space during the conference. Most likely, several of the people who signed the petition are just exhibitors. Of course, having persuaded people who get paid to just stand in a booth and hand out literature to sign a goofy petition isn't nearly as compelling as if you claim they're connected to the United Nations. Same goes for fooling gullible businesspeople - who cares if an employee of the Chamber of Commerce, or Christian Aid, or the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, turns out to be dumb?
Yep, the petition was a farce. So was the video.
Hell Toupee wrote:

No, ONE is too many.
On 12/10/10 04:08 pm, HeyBub wrote:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/12/08/cop16-attendees-fall-for-the-old-dihydrogen-monoxide-petition-as-well-as-signing-up-to-cripple-the-u-s-economy /
ISTR reading that at least one US municipality passed an ordinance banning DHMO.
Perce

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/12/08/cop16-attendees-fall-for-the-old-dihydrogen-monoxide-petition-as-well-as-signing-up-to-cripple-the-u-s-economy/
They did that a while back on Penn and Teller's Bullshit!.
1-13     "Environmental Hysteria"     April 18, 2003 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Penn_%26_Teller:_Bullshit!_episodes
HeyBub wrote:

Oh no! Not DiHydrogen Monoxide! This deadly chemical compound killed 409,272 people [1] in the year 2000, the most recent year for which I could find reliable statistics.
How do I know if my house is contaminated with DiHydrogen Monoxide? If it is, is it like having a meth lab house?
[1] World Health Organization, via NOAA http://www.ripcurrents.noaa.gov/resources/DrowningFactSheetWHO2.pdf
--
Tony Sivori

It's not all that bad. A good washdown with a hose will decontaminate it. Please remit $159.05 for the advice.
Harry K
harry wrote:

We'll never know. Neither Bush nor Palin were foolish enough to attend the conference.
On 12/11/2010 5:50 AM, HeyBub wrote:

She had other foolish things to do. It's not easy being a ruthless self promoter.
http://www.tinadupuy.com/uncategorized/sarahpalinsenemylist /
Jeff

touche'

Wonder how many guys signed it knowing it was BS but just liked the pretty girl or because they had a sense of humor about it.
BTW water is not an oxide its a hydroxide, HOH water is unique in that it ionizes into both Hydrogen and Hydroxyl ions giving it properties of both an acid and a base and being neutral.
Jimmie

Pretty girl, perhaps, but leftists have no sense of humor.

Which is why I refer to it as Hydrogen-Hydroxide (even though it isn't really that ionic). It just sounds more "scientific" than DHMO.
On 12/12/2010 11:36 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

OH MY GOD! We should all clamor for a ban on Hydrogen-Hydroxide immediately! Of course some blond will wonder why anyone would want to ban cookies. :-)
TDD