OT: Die Apple!

This is amusing, Apple owes 14 billion in taxes.

James Wilkinson

Of course any additional tax paid overseas can be claimed as a credit against US taxes. DIE IRS!!!

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Your reply makes no sense.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Not a done deal. Appeal, appeal, appeal. Settle for 2 cents on the dollar.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Why not just post a big list of all you hate about the USA.

Reply to
Frank

Most of us don't care. It's easier to make fun of her sanctimonious idiocy.

Reply to
Meanie

Where did I mention the USA?

Reply to
James Wilkinson

What part of "James" do you consider a female name?

Reply to
James Wilkinson

It's about time Apple went under. They make s**te, and stupid people fall for it every time.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Please learn English, then we can have a conversation.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Tax is theft. It's money taken from you after you worked hard to earn it, so the government can spend it on things you don't want it spent on.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Perhaps within the same part where you think a female would call herself Meanie.

Reply to
Meanie

Apple will a peel, then we'll get to the core of this issue.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

You missed a chance? You must be slipping.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Sonofagun...there's something I actually agree with you on.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nuts once in awhile.

Reply to
Meanie

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

| Not a done deal. Appeal, appeal, appeal. Settle for 2 cents on the | dollar.

Not necessarily. This is Europe, where they pass civilized laws aiming at public benefit. I doubt Apple has much option to appeal. What they do have is an option to loose their lobbyist attack dogs on American Congressmen and officials, in order to put pressure on the EU to back off from requiring American businesses to operate honestly.... which is what they're doing. Hopefully the EU won't back down. It's an embarassment that our gov't is attacking the EU on things like privacy rights and closing business tax loopholes -- laws that we should be passing and enforcing ourselves.

At least it's a relief to see the mainstream media report on Apple's cheating and Tim Cook's lying for a change, instead of the usual semi-reverent fluff stories they do about Apple.

Reply to
Mayayana

Bet you can't find a single other thing we agree on. List ten of your opinions on absolutely anything:

Reply to
James Wilkinson

There is the odd thing in the world that's stupid outside of the US.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

Meanie isn't a name. It's a made up one, and sounds girly. So does Muggles.

Reply to
James Wilkinson