(OT) Did you like or dislike the Superbowl halftime?

Sorry, this is way off topic, but I wanted to comment!
Most of you probably watched the game. Although I'm no fan of either team, I watched it just for the heck of it. The game was better than many games Ive seen, but not spectacular. The commercials were not as funny as they have been in the past, but there were a few I liked, especially the Bud Clydesdales (which are always the best). But I really liked the halftime this year, which I have not liked the halftime for years. Katy Perry is someone I'm not real familiar with, but the music was good. The best part was the staging. That giant golden tiger was really cool. I bet that cost a huge amount of money to build. I'm still trying to figure out what was holding her in the air during the fireworks part. No one at the party I was at, could figure out what she was attached to. It was not a crane, because they showed a closeup of the overhead view. That still has me puzzled.
I'm sure that halftime is on the web. I'll have to download it and watch it frame by frame....
On 2/2/2015 4:58 AM, snipped-for-privacy@geemale.com wrote:

During the third quarter I turned the game on to see the score so I only watched 30 seconds or so. Did not see the half time
This morning I watched a couple of the commercials. Maybe I had high expectations, but they were drab and boring for the most part. Go Daddy has always been edgy, but this year it was very dull. Certainly not worth spending $4million to show it, IMO.
On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 5:02:20 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@geemale.com wrote:

I thought that the stage sets were the best part, especially when she was r iding the shooting star. She must have had some sort of safety belt when sh e was up in the air but I couldn't see it. I guess that the platform was su spended by some sort of crane up in the rafters. Her costumes were interest ing.
I've never heard Katy Perry before and I didn't rate her singing ability ve ry highly. At times it seemed as though she was talking loudly rather than actually singing.
Paul
On 2/2/2015 3:09 PM, Pavel314 wrote:

Have you ever seen a half time show with good acoustics?
On 2/2/2015 4:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

What do good acoustics look like?

Been there, done that, although it was the early 70s
but what they conceal is vital."
On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 03:58:35 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@geemale.com wrote:

I thought the half time show was just about right. The commercials were mostly duds. The game wasn't a snoozer but there weren't a lot of plays that made you want to jump out of your chair or spill your beer. At least my adopted team won.
Is it me or are the halftime shows getting shorter every year?
As for the game, I feel that the decision to pass the ball instead of run, with the Patriot end zone INCHES FROM THE SNAP cost Seattle a consecutive Super Bowl trophy.
I always tend to root for the losing team in any sport, don't know what that says about me as a person, but anywho...
On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 03:58:35 -0600, jillhill wrote:

I thought the half time show was great. Katy did a fantastic job. She's so beautiful and talented but I was still nervous she would mess it up. She didn't though. It was perfect.
Feb 7wg_2002 wrote: "- show quoted text - I thought the half time show was great. Katy did a fantastic job. She's so beautiful and talented but I was still nervous she would mess it up. She didn't though. It was perfect. "
Missy Elliott suffered the pre-stage anxiety, not Katy Perry!