OT Did I miss out?

Got a call with a friendly cheerful feminine voice telling me I had been luckily chosen for a free Bermuda cruise. I immediately told her no thanks and hung up.
Maybe I blew it! Perhaps the passengers included many rich lovely young ladies looking for an ugly very old boyfriend! Ah well, too late now.
In alt.home.repair, on 20 Aug 2015 13:51:26 GMT, KenK

Hey, I'm going on that cruise. I would like to have met you. Try caller-id and see if you can call her back.

With all the fires and other disasters on cruise ships, they've added young women like that in order to get customers. If you don't go, two for me.
On 8/20/2015 9:51 AM, KenK wrote:

I hang up at the "Congratulations..."
Someone said that one out of 12,000 calls is a scam.
I think they got the ratio reversed.
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 20 Aug 2015 12:47:15 -0700, "Bob F"

There is hope. They stopped calling me, at least for now.

On 8/20/2015 9:51 AM, KenK wrote:

And, I was so eager to meet you. We could have sat on the fandeck, watched the waves, and oogled the pretty native girls. My free cruise tickets will be here any day, after my check for $35,495.99 clears the bank for postage and handling of the free cruise tickets.
I'm buying the first round of non alcoholic drinks.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Too bad! If I had known the 'free' price was so low I'd have jumped at the opportunity. I just didn't want to take advantage of their free ticket offer; I was sure they could find someone that needs them more.

Interesting how these junk calls go in campaigns. I keep a log of all of them, and I see the that "Bahamas" calls started last March, but they've really ramped that campaign up since mid-June. All told, I've received at least 25 of those calls. Also interesting is that the phone number has remained consistent - usually those kinds of calls spoof various numbers over time. It's nice of them to keep the same number - it made it easy to block.