OT - Did anybody catch this? Moving Rural Populations into Cities

Page 1 of 2
The U.S. recently adopted U.N. Resollution #??? concerning moving all rural population into cities.
I just caught a bit, and that is what I heard. Can't find any other reference to the concept.
Anybody out there see this also, or can clarify what exactly is going on.?
On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 07:03:00 -0700 (PDT), Robert Macy

Sounds like Faux News to me [and I'm not referring tot he network with the similar sounding name] [Checked The Onion site? or Snopes]

Or it could be a brain fart on your end--- I've had to hit rewind a few times and couldn't believe how badly I misheard something.

No-- but here's what the UN has been up to- [I've never waded through the site, so I can't vouch for how easy/up-to-date/accurate it is. https://www.un.org/Depts/dhl/resguide/quick.htm
Jim

My question was actually based upon hearing a conversation between two, one a Show Host whom I respect a great deal and a viewer asking about the effect of the resolution and how to deal with it. It was like the premise was well accepted [kind of "we got screwed again" and the question was more how to deal with the implementaion of the resolution on a personal basis. Making the whole thing seem like a 'done deal' and now we have to figure out how to work within that constraint.
Country folks tend to be gun owners, and also fond of the land they occupy. I can imagine some resistance, to such a directive. There may be a "shot heard round the internet" and then a peasant revolt.
I'm remembering an episode of Hill Street Blues, where the precinct went out in a big vehicle full of heavily armed guys. The stopped ont he way back, for lunch. In the meantime, someone stole their vehicle.
During this period of revolt, you can find me hiding under the bed, in terror. I'm not a fighter.
My question was actually based upon hearing a conversation between two, one a Show Host whom I respect a great deal and a viewer asking about the effect of the resolution and how to deal with it. It was like the premise was well accepted [kind of "we got screwed again" and the question was more how to deal with the implementaion of the resolution on a personal basis. Making the whole thing seem like a 'done deal' and now we have to figure out how to work within that constraint.

as this is what the romneyites would love, I'd have to suspect that the RNC puppet Limbaugh is behind this

I hate to not snip anything-- but I don't know what to take and what to leave. Might I suggest, that if you're too embarrassed to name the "Show host" that you respect, you might have the wrong newsgroup.
If you're still curious-- you could try an email to the respected show host.
Jim
On 10/2/2012 9:41 AM, Robert Macy wrote: ...

Well, in that case there's surely a recast where you can get a transcript and discover what was actually said...it's not ahr topic in all likelihood and from the tenor I'd guess it's a Beck worry of the day?

Did none of the TV discussers know such a vote would be ultra vires? The UN may vote opinions on all sorts of topics but has no power to tell independent countries how to organize themselves (e.g. how often to hold elections, whether children should be vaccinated or not, how many square feet of space each house should have, which side of the road to drive on, etc.)
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
The U.S. recently adopted U.N. Resollution #??? concerning moving all rural population into cities.
I just caught a bit, and that is what I heard. Can't find any other reference to the concept.
Anybody out there see this also, or can clarify what exactly is going on.?

Wonder if it was about what's going on in rural China. NPR had a story about that last Friday. The gist is that, in recent years, the rural population of China has been moving into cities and their gigantic factories to take advanage of the jobs that they offer. Now, however, the trend is reversing. People prefer to live in their home areas and so are returning. That is resulting in labor shortages in the cities. What's made the reverse migration possible is that savy business and factory owners have built smaller factories in rural areas. The piece called it "the greatest migration in human history" involving millions of people.
Tomsic
On 10/2/2012 9:03 AM, Robert Macy wrote:

1. UN resolutions are not legally binding upon anyone, including the USA.
3. The UN has been one of the far right's imaginary monsters for many years. If you're told some story about how the UN is gonna come and make the US do something or other, chalk it up as a(nother) far-right fantasy. See point number 1 for the reason why.
Oh, and 3. In 2009, the US federal gov't formed an interagency Partnership for Sustainable Communities, designed to support and promote the development of rural communities. They're funding initiatives to help with that goal.
So much for supposedly plotting to herd everyone into the cities. Sounds as plausible as the secret detention camps and the UN invasion troops massing on the Mexico-US border and the secret codes on the backs of road signs directing them where to go when they cross the border. Scarelore, all of it.
1. I'm sure they are not, but we've been in other countries. Now, they can be in ours. 2. The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, however it has. 3. I can probably find a few examples of other countries who were not pleaed to have UN move in and enforce the will of the UN.
I remain concerned.
wrote in message
1. UN resolutions are not legally binding upon anyone, including the USA.
3. The UN has been one of the far right's imaginary monsters for many years. If you're told some story about how the UN is gonna come and make the US do something or other, chalk it up as a(nother) far-right fantasy. See point number 1 for the reason why.
seems to me that when it comes to UN "enforcement" it is usually Americans or Brits doing the Job. I doubt the Brits would feel comfortable trying to enforce anything in the US and the Americans would just laugh

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 07:03:00 -0700 (PDT), Robert Macy

I didn't hear it, but in developing countries, like China, the movement of rural folk into the city is just the way it is, no resolution needed. The rural standard of living is poor and, in China's case, there aren't a lot of chicks around for the young guys (There aren't in the city either but it's a bigger pool of chicks). So perhaps what you heard was not so much a discussion of "making people move" but a discussion of "how to deal with all the people who ARE going to be moving".
When I was in government schools, we learned that in the 1800s, people moved to cities to find jobs. I think the fear now days, is that people in cities are much easier to control than rural people.
Gun control: It's about control.
I didn't hear it, but in developing countries, like China, the movement of rural folk into the city is just the way it is, no resolution needed. The rural standard of living is poor and, in China's case, there aren't a lot of chicks around for the young guys (There aren't in the city either but it's a bigger pool of chicks). So perhaps what you heard was not so much a discussion of "making people move" but a discussion of "how to deal with all the people who ARE going to be moving".

Still happening in the US, too. I had dinner with a North Dakota farmer a couple of months ago. He and his wife farm 4000 acres with only occasional help. As farmers retire, they sell or lease their land to a neighbor, who expands his operation. Farm productivity in the US is astounding. It has to be, to pay for the equipment. -- Doug
On 10/2/12 9:03 AM, Robert Macy wrote:

The closest thing I've heard of is the Buffalo Commons proposal. The idea was to turn a big part of several states into a big game reserve. A bit here: http://tinyurl.com/2e38z4j This idea has been floating around for a couple decades. U.S. farm population has been declining for years. Farms are bigger and more efficient than in the past. There were something like 30 million farmers in the early 1930s. There are a couple million now if memory serves.

see the Coast to Coast website. It was recently on there. Scary stuff. well, I can't find the exact link. Here is one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaregions_of_the_United_States
Book: (Amazon.com product link shortened) BEHIND THE GREEN MASK: U.N. Agenda 21
On 10/3/2012 12:30 AM, Earl wrote:

The Coast to Coast show: the radio equivalent of the Weekly World News.
On 10/2/2012 9:03 AM, Robert Macy wrote:

You are, I believe, thinking of "UN Agenda 21". It's some of the nonsense the UN comes up with on a regular basis in order to take over the world. O_o
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agenda_21
http://www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com /
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278728-United-Nations-Agenda-21-amp-Your-Hometown
http://tinyurl.com/8wvnez7