OT: Define "putter"

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in wrote:

Who spells it? They both sound the same.

But while putts and putz are homophones, they mean different things. Even one who putts on a golf course is likely to putz around his house on occasion. And though he might putt around the house, he is not likely to putz around on the golf course.
Jim

My putting on the golf course would just be "putzing" too!!!
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Plus there's a big difference between the verb "putz" and the noun with the same spelling.

I "puttered around" the garage yesterday, exactly as you've described.
I started by taking all the tools out of my van that I had used for a Friday/Saturday volunteer project. That led to cleaning up the area in my garage where I keep many of the things I took out of the van.
While cleaning, I found a clip-on worklight light my wife had bought years ago but never used. It was perfect for extra light over the old desk I use in the garage while working out there. Darn, that's going to mean using up the only spare outlet near the desk since the TV that sits on the nearby shelf was plugged into the other half of the duplex via a short extension cord.
I never liked the extension cord hanging in the air anyway, so I ran a new duplex off the load side of the GFCI and put it closer to the TV. Now the lamp and the TV have their own receptacle and both halves of the GFCI by the door have been freed up for other uses.
Once the storage area (and the desk) had been straightened up, I noticed how badly the floor needed sweeping. Hmmm..this broom handle seems a little loose. Better fix that before it gets any worse.
BTW...the TV was tuned the College Softball World Series the whole time.
It was a perfect day of puttering around, with the sun shining some times and the rain pouring down at others, with me just hanging out in the garage wth door wide open. No pressure and a lot of softball. Who could ask for more?