OT: Daylight Stupid Time March 13, 2016

Page 2 of 2

<stuff snipped>

I have clocks and devices from both the Carter DST and Bush DST eras and if I change them now, they will just revert when we cross the old DST boundaries. It's stupid enough to even have DST but to keep moving it around shows me that Carter and Bush are at the bottom of the Presidential heap for a reason if they didn't veto that crock of a bill. They both were probably up to some misdeed and thought changing the DST onset dates would distract the American public so much they wouldn't notice. <Humor alert> It probably worked.
--
Bobby G.

On 3/14/2016 11:20 AM, Robert Green wrote:

Don't you be dissing our presidents. They did good things just like the lobbyists for congress asked them to do. It adds billions of dollars for the golf industry, for instance. It what makes America great again.

if

Presidential

were

would

alert>

Today I was reading about huge kickbacks that pharmacy benefit programs demand - and get - from pharma companies to put their drugs on the benefit administrator's formulary. It's a criminal act costing citizens millions (and maybe billions) in kickbacks to various players. Take your choice of articles:
http://www.google.com/search?q=kickbacks+pharmacy+benefits
http://www.rightinginjustice.com/news/2015/07/23/the-fraud-list-omnicare-inc-king-of-kickbacks/
--
Bobby G.

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 11:20:21 -0400, "Robert Green"

They kept pushing up the length of DST because it was a popular thing. I still agree with those who say, why not just adjust the start times of jobs if that is what people want. When I was working I was on "flex time" anyway. We staggered our start times so we had more of the day covered and allowed the early birds to get in and out early. The guys who wanted to sleep in covered the late afternoons. Of course there did have to be some management of the process but it really happened pretty seamlessly. It is amazing how well that can work out of you just let the people decide.
On 03/14/2016 10:20 AM, Robert Green wrote:
[snip]

I bought one of those "DST adjusting" (not NOT auto setting even though the ads claimed it was) in 2005. There were two switches on the bottom. One was for different time zones. The other switched between "old DST rules" and "new DST rules". there was NO setting for "no DST".
After the little (IIRC CR2032) cell died. It never set itself or even kept time.
These "DST adjusting" clocks (I'm NOT referring to these that actually set themselves) usually need a little setting (after DST change) because of accumulated errors during the half year (for example, most clocks with backup batteries run fast during a power outage).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 03/13/2016 11:34 AM, Frank wrote:

Anachronism? That makes it sound like it was good for something once.
--
"The Devil fears the word of God, He can't bite it; it breaks his
teeth." [Martin Luther]
On 3/13/2016 7:10 PM, Sam E wrote:

Guess this is as good a history as any:
http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/e.html
Thought it was WWII but actually started in WWI to save energy.
Heard a talking head on Fox say it takes about 2 weeks for the human body to react to the sudden time switch.