OT: Daylight Stupid Time March 13, 2016

Page 1 of 2
mumble ...
On 3/12/2016 10:26 PM, T wrote:

I'm already tired.
--
Maggie

On 03/12/2016 10:26 PM, T wrote:

"The Day the Earth Stood Stupid"
On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 20:26:16 -0800, T wrote:

Bring it. I welcome the sounds of spring.
On 3/13/2016 12:12 AM, wg_2002 wrote:

Until they turn into the roar of a tornado coming down the road and getting closer!
--
Maggie

On 3/12/2016 11:26 PM, T wrote:

Took me over 15 minutes to figure out how to change the clock in my new car.
DST is an anachronism that should be done away with.
On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 12:34:43 -0400, Frank wrote:

Agree 100%. My watch is a cheap Casio, and requires two of the 4 buttons to change hours, but a different two buttons to set seconds to zero (either next or previous minute; whichever is closest).
I wore the same model a decade ago until the base cracked, and one button had failed, so twice a year I needed to spend about an hour setting it ahead or back 29 or less seconds at a time for a total of 120 or so times.
--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

On 3/13/2016 1:01 PM, Mike Duffy wrote:

Everything nowadays seems to have a clock in it: oven, microwave oven, fax machine, even portable radio. My wife could not change the latter.
Even atomic's which should be automatic may take a while.
Your note prompted me to change another watch that I seldom use.
On 3/13/2016 1:20 PM, Frank wrote:

Every year, it takes me a week to change clocks. Each day for about a week, I find one more clock I neglected. Thermostat, car radio, digital clock, spare wrist watch, and the list is almost never ending.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 3/13/2016 12:01 PM, Mike Duffy wrote:

I got a new watch for Christmas and it has one button on it that changes the time and date. Pull it out one click and you can change the date. Pull it out a second click and change the time. When it's pushed back to the original spot you can push it in and a background light comes on for night time viewing. I really love that option.
--
Maggie

On 3/13/2016 9:34 AM, Frank wrote:

Old car was trivial: two buttons on the radio did double-duty to set clock (with the names of those functions embossed in the buttons). I could change the time *while* driving.
New car doesn't want you screwing around with those things while car is in motion. OTOH, new car knows what timezone were in and whether or not we honor DST -- so, no need to change anything.
[OTOH, for folks who like to be able to set clock "a few minutes fast" (really? aren't you smart enough to realize you;ve done this and "undo" it in your mind??), there doesn't appear to be a way to do so.]

Here, I think we could shift the "local time" a bit to avoid the extremes (I'm not fond of seeing the sun start up *before* 5AM nor linger until 8PM!)
On 3/13/2016 11:34 AM, Frank wrote:

We still have a couple of clocks to "spring forward", and the knobs and identifying text below the knobs are so small you need a flashlight and magnifying glass to figure out which one actually says "time" on it.
--
Maggie

On 03/13/2016 02:42 PM, Muggles wrote:

It helps if you can find the proper angle for the light, so reflection makes the insides of the tiny grooves or ridges look slightly different from the surrounding plastic that's the same color.
Some clocks are really easy to set. Then some aren't. The worst I had was the one in the car, made several times harder from fighting the timeouts.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 3/13/2016 6:17 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I finally had to get a flashlight to see how to set one clock. Good to go now.
--
Maggie

I've got 3 of these. They work great!
La Crosse Technology WT-3143A-INT 14-Inch Atomic Wall Clock, Black
(Amazon.com product link shortened)

That reminds me of the old clocks on the school room wall. Tick, tick, tick. Three seconds on the clock took an hour in kid time at the end of the day.

On 03/14/2016 01:28 AM, Justin wrote:

Got me three Lacross ws-8055U. They haven't synchronized properly since Obama got elected. :'(
On 3/14/2016 8:03 AM, T wrote:

We have some other brand at work. We are in the eastern time zone. To display the correct time we have to set it for Pacific time and for DST we change it to Mountain time.
About every 18 months we have to change out the nuclear reactor as it runs out of power.
On 3/14/2016 6:03 AM, T wrote:

We be on ObamaTime. ;-)
On 03/14/2016 06:57 PM, AnswerMan wrote:

He cut funding for something