OT: Cutting the Cord

I'm taking the plunge to eliminate cable TV due to the ever increasing cost and also since all shows can be watched on Hulu, Netflix and the shows website for starters. The only event I am unable to find is my local NHL team which is aired on Fox Sports if not on NBC. I can purchase the NHL package but they block local coverage of my team. Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a way to catch live streaming Fox Sports?

Thanks

Reply to
Meanie

Check out a VPN service. Makes the provider think you are in another area. Then an address forwarder to match.

Problem is that those hacks can end up costing as much as a cable subscription.

Reply to
cable_shill

get someone who has cable use a slingbox to send it to you, at your end use a slingcatcher to watch it on your tv/

Reply to
bob haller

Go to your local bar and watch it on their big screen!!!

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

Resistance is futile. Sooner or later, you gotta pay the man.

Reply to
Uncle Bullshit Master

Which of course is illegal.

Reply to
trader_4

slingbox is legalsince its limited to just one channel at a time

Reply to
bob haller

bob haller

end use a slingcatcher to watch it on your tv/

Must we go through this again? Slingbox is limited to use by the person wh o owns the slingbox to use to view channels that they are already legally entitled to view. It's not for someone to have a slingbox and use it to enable others at some other household to watch channels for free.

  1. Grant of License.

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Sling Media grants a limited license for you, as a single user, to install and use the executab le form of the Software on a single computer or mobile device owned by you. This license may not be transferred by you to any third party and is non- exclusive, as Sling Media may grant the same or similar licenses to other t hird parties.

The license granted to you by Sling Media is solely for your personal, lawf ul, non-commercial use in connection with a Slingbox owned by you and conne cted to an audiovisual source that you are lawfully entitled to view.

Reply to
trader_4

Show us where it says I can have someone with a slingbox allow me, living in a different household, to legally view cable channels for free.

Reply to
trader_4

for practical reasons how would they know?

pepople watch stuff constantly on mobile devices

Reply to
bob haller

I am a DAMN PROUD Antenna-Head.

'nuff said...

Reply to
thekmanrocks

How easy it is to catch you, prove it and enforce it is a different issue than whether it's legal to do. I would agree, it would be difficult to catch you. That doesn't make it legal.

Reply to
trader_4

| | [christmas presents]

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Cutting the cord? I thought you were going off grid, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Not a chance! Fox Sports has the OP by the balls and will squeeze until he pays. Bwahahahahaaaahhhaaaaa!

Reply to
R. P. McMurphy

Use a Roku and purchase NHL Live. Use a relative's address in an out-of-market area so you can get the local games.

Reply to
sms