OT Credit card

Page 6 of 7
On 3/22/2016 2:14 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Still doesn't change what I would do if I got charged $11 after I'd been paying regularly for years. I still think it's ridiculous and any time I've ever had a dispute, they were more than willing to work for an equitable solution.
On 3/21/2016 3:40 PM, RonNNN wrote:

I had the exact same thing happen to me with a missing payment and I did exactly what you did. Late fee removed.

But you are not Philo.
On 03/21/2016 04:15 PM, taxed and spent wrote: X

Had my check gotten lost in the mail, that would not have been my own fault and I would have called at once!

but that, too, would have been your fault.
On 03/21/2016 06:01 PM, taxed and spent wrote:

No it wouldn't have and besides , in all the years I've used the PO don't think they've ever lost a letter.

read your cc agreement. if you choose to use the mail to send in a payment, the risk is yours.
Man, no wonder cc companies charge fees up the wazoo!
On 3/21/2016 4:15 PM, taxed and spent wrote:

No, I'm not, and if he's okay with it, then that's his business. I'm just not going to take that. I don't mind admitting if I made a mistake, but a 2 cent mistake is not worth $11, imo.

Had the same sort of problem with the cable company. My credit card number changed when the card was upgraded, and I went online to add the new card. Apparently the change didn't "take" so the card was rejected. For 2 months. They finally called me about it to tell me service would be cut off if the account wasn't paid - and there was a sizeable penalty for the "missed" payment.
I told them I had been a customer for over 20 years and never missed a payment, and that I had used their online portal to change the credit card number, and they had not either called or emailed me to let me know of the problem whenit first occurred. They said they texted me - and I told them I had not told them texting was an option and with all the "spam" texts they send out on a regular basis I simply deep-six any texts coming from them. They removed the penalty without my even having to suggest it, and made sure the card number change went through.
For what I pay for my cable, internet and cell service they definitely owed me that much.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca says...

I haven't had any problems with the cable company for a long time, but years ago we had a lot of outages. After jumping through a bunch of hoops they finally gave me credit for the days that the cable was down. Like the saying goes, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease".
--
RonNNN

On 03/21/2016 04:50 PM, RonNNN wrote: roblem whenit first occurred. They said they texted me -

I have AT&T and though my service never went down for long, it seemed that at least once a day my service would quit for a minute.
Eventually I called and within one hour they were at my house and replaced the gateway router. It was fixed, just like that and for no charge.
For sure I thought there was a bad connection outside.
On 3/21/2016 4:50 PM, RonNNN wrote:

Our communication company apparently cut the line that provides my phone service at the box out on the street. It took them a week to get it fixed and I was quite firm that I was not going to pay for those days that I had no service. No problem.
On 03/21/2016 05:34 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

Yep...for something like that I'd fight.
The cut line was NOT your fault.
On 3/21/2016 5:57 PM, philo wrote:

My point is that I see no reason to accept faulty service or ridiculous charges. I think $11 is excessive. I also believe that I have a right to question service or charges, regardless of who may or may not be at fault.
On 03/22/2016 07:17 AM, SeaNymph wrote:

I would not be able to sleep at night if I thought I got screwed over by someone else's mistake or incompetence.
OTOH: When I know it's my own mistake, I sleep very well. The mistake I made has not cost me any sleep.
On 03/21/2016 04:36 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote: X

But that was not your fault.
All I'm doing is fessing up for my own error.
On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 15:23:27 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Come on now, tell us what you REALLY think!!!
On 03/21/2016 04:27 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

What would all you folks think if the bank were owned by the Trump?
On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 17:27:09 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

You mean I should have mentioned spraying the place with Agent Orange, and Naplalm, and having a bomber drop a few tons of shells on these credit card company buildings? I guess that's another option, but maybe a tad bit overkill !!!!
I wouldn't want to see any of the employees hurt, they are just doing their job. But the head CEO or president of the company, deserves WORSE! A public hanging in front of city hall would be perfect justice!
On 3/21/2016 9:34 AM, philo wrote:

As others are suggesting, I would have taken it to the next level. You could have asked for their supervisor or someone at a higher level. Credit card companies do not like to lose people for a few dollars and if this one does, I would ditch them.
Don't forget that even those of us that pay our card off in full and have never paid interest still have the credit card maker make money for their credit card use from the one that accepted it as payment.
Sometimes if choosing to pay between credit card and cash, the merchant will discount the cash purchase for part of the interest he would have to pay the credit card company.
I recently paid my federal taxes by credit card because it was so easy to do, but the government made me pay also the interest it would have cost them.