OT computer problems OT

Page 2 of 2
On 3/23/2016 5:42 PM, Micky wrote:

but it is on YouTube.
Can't remember what the site was but I posted one here and someone said they could not stand watching it because of all the crap that appeared. I did not know as Adblock Plus had hid it for me.

I think there's a little video I have to let play for 10 seconds before I can click on Skip Video. I don't mind this, I don't mind a a few ads, a few video ads, but it's great not to have nearly as many. I also have Adobe Flash, which is still listed as Shockwave Flash, in Firefox at least, changed from Always Activate to Ask to Activate. There are lots of pages that show the small box at the top asking to activate that do everything I want done without activating, 80 or 90% don't need activation. When I do activate, I only do it for one session.
This seems to have cut down by 80 or 90% the number of "Script will not stop" problems I have, and when I do get that, it's much more likely I'll know which tab generated it.
OTOH, once trying to watch a movie on pbs.org, the box didn't show up, and I had to go to Firefox add-ons, change the setting to Always Activate, reload the page, and watch the movie, then change the setting back again. Maybe one other page was like that but only those two.

On two or three sites, I've gotten boxes where I guess ads were meant to be that say more or less, Please turn off Adblock Plus. One specifically said that if I registered, they wouldn't send me ads, and I guess registration is free, but that must mean they'd send me spam. Which is worse? Still I felt a little bad that they knew I was blocking them. I don't want to hurt their computer's feelings.

I think you need a tracker to track what is blocking your tracker.
Get TrackblocktrackblocktrackblocktrackMagic . It's more powerful than what you need but it will be good for generations.