OT - comfortable work shoes

Page 3 of 3
On 7/18/2012 5:05 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Hell, if he can't even bother to quit top-posting what makes you think you can teach him anything else about netiquette (or that he would deign to be considerate of other readers)????
On 7/18/2012 6:01 PM, Oren wrote: ...

I've had him mostly blacklisted for quite a while--I only see responses, not his postings routinely...

I don't imagine that I can teach him anything at all about netiquette, or consideration for others. That's why I specifically pointed out reasons why it benefits *him* to cross-post, instead of multi-post, the next time he has questions: I hope that self-interest will accomplish what an appeal to good manners will not.
On 7/18/2012 8:18 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd say you should have at least 2 pair of shoes and wear them alternately. Particularly if leather, they need to dry out and will last longer. I only wear running shoes, New Balance, etc and buy on sale seldom paying more than $40. I see tradesman like plumbers in them too. Back when I worked in the lab, steel toes were mandatory and we got free shoes. Today, these are the only dress shoes I still have but are tough to wear all day.
For more ankle support, when I hunt early season, I have a pair of Cabelas hiking shoes which are also water proof.
SAS are all my wife wears casually but they are ~$100/pair.
On 7/18/2012 8:18 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

of shoes. They lasted for years. Chuck B
Would Scandanavian Air Service have shoes?
Is there an SAS location near you? Their products have a good rep for durability and comfort. They're on the pricey side, but not jawdroppingly so.
Art
snipped-for-privacy@unisys.com (Arthur Shapiro) wrote:

I'm still using a pair of SAS shoes that are about 15 years old. Absolutely no maintenance other than shoestrings
I'd also consider redwings
On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:23:10 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

They feel like they have an iron rod crossways across my instep. I could never get as far as getting the laces tied on them.

I finally saw pair SAS shoes. Cheap crap.

I quit buying their cheap crap 20 yrs ago.
nb

I've seen many things and some of them did turn out to be cheap crap, but in this case you couldn't be more wrong

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
The work shoes I got at Payless Shoes lasted less than a year. The first couple weeks, they were comfortable, and like walking on thickly padded high quality carpet. Now, they are uncomfortable to wear. $60 for a pair of shoes, and they were OK for about eight months.
My feet are complaining every day, and during the day too.
Where to get a comfortable pair of working man's shoes? That lasts more than 8 months?
Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org
--------------------------------------------------------- I learned in the army to have at least two or three pairs of boots and rotate them daily.
Have not had a problem with my feet since.
QUEST

I like the Timberline brand (Available at Tractor Supply and Sears, I think).
Do they have oxfords? I've just seen work boots.
I like the Timberline brand (Available at Tractor Supply and Sears, I think).
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Sorry, I've got their steel-toe work boots. I thought you were looking for something rugged like that.