OT Coca Cola gives you cancer.

Page 1 of 2
There's a surprise. They are taking out 4MI (colouring)
I wonder how long it is since there was cocaine and cola nuts in coca cola? Ah, it was a medicine back then, now it is a poison..

Is that the one they are taking out in the USA and leaving in for the rest of the world?

Yep, all you had to do was drink equilivent of an large swimming pool of Coke every day for 20 years and you MIGHT get cancer from the coloring.
Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:

There is more than one coke recipe. I can tell the difference between the Polish and Czech ones.
--
Adam

Is it true? Do Polish Coke bottle say on the bottom "open other end"?
Do the other ones say "Czech six, and remember to duck!"

There is more than one coke recipe. I can tell the difference between the Polish and Czech ones.
--
Adam

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:17:54 -0000, Stormin Mormon

Varies all over the place according to how cheaply it can be made taking into account what is permitted in each country. I gained the impression most mainland Europe coke is less safe than the UK or USA but the safest appears to be the Chinese version. Different sweetener. I drink about 10 cans a year so don't expect to die of it any time soon.

thing (although it took several weeks for the dependency to kick in)
--
geoff

Actually mostly California. They would have made them put a label on it like they have to for any thing that might have a minuscule amount of lead in it.

I'd love to see a company just tell calif, fine, we just won't sell our products in your state anymore. See ya I'd buy more of their products just because they had the balls to do it
On 3/11/2012 2:19 PM, ChairMan wrote:

California's proposition 65 is what you would expect from the land of the fruits and the nuts. All you have to do is warn that your product contains something on their list. It does not necessarily prohibit its use. You'll see labels on gas pumps, liquor stores, even bars with a Prop 65 warning.

Like you say, the Prop 65 warnings are one so many things that they're useless. The lanyard on my camera came with a CA obligated warning.
It's been interesting watching the comments about Coke's decision as though those of a particular political stripe are anti-California regardless of the topic. Makes me wonder which kind of 3rd world shithole they're working toward. Or maybe China envy where they get to dump their industrial waste into the food supply.
The fruits and nuts probably wanted to ban chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer outright, but settled for a warning sticker.
Oh, and like the gp post, I'd would mind seeing Coke pull their products to show CA who's boss. It might be fun to find out what their BOD would think about abandoning a market of 37 million people.
On 3/12/2012 2:54 AM, Fake ID wrote:

There are things on the Prop 65 list that if banned would devastated California's economy. Acetaldehyde in grapes is one example. Imagine banishing the wine industry from the state.
In message

Its an Islamic conspiracy

Cola nuts?
Harry strikes again
--
geoff

Is that what makes you fat and stupid as well? I am asking because there seems to be a strong correlation between cola consumption, obesity and stupidity. Guy
--
Guy Chapman, http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed
On 3/11/2012 3:39 PM, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

That correlation is particularly evident in the south.

Try not drinking it for a month and report your findings.
On 3/11/2012 11:39 AM, harry wrote:

In 1903 cocaine was removed.
Don
On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:24:24 -0500, IGot2P wrote:

... and then they put it back again for 1904 onward?
:-)

There was a great cartoon following the New Coke fiasco. It showed the boardroom at Coke with the honchoes looking at a newspaper blaring a headline about Coke going back to original recipe. The cutline : "Where are going to get all that cocaine?"
I nearly coked on my breakfast! Funny!
If a Czech were to die from drinking Coke - would that be a cancelled Czech?