OT - CL!X Portrait Studios - Ridiculous Pricing Policy

I took my daughter to get her HS Senior pictures taken at a local CL!X franchise.

They offered 75% off of the Sitting Fee for HS Senior pictures. I'll give the guy credit for trying to push the complete $380 package, but I told him that the $30 "Yearbook Glossy" would be fine.

Since she needed 2 pictures (1 head shot and 1 with her softball gear) we chose the "2 Outfit Sitting", which after the discount would be about $4 for the sitting. As you'll see later, that is a significant number in this matter.

So, with 2 "Yearbook Glossies" and the sitting fee, I'm assuming I'm getting out of there for about $64.

The guy spent at least a 1/2 hour taking about 25 shots. Then he sat down with us to go through all of the images, which took almost another 1/2 hour.

We chose the 2 we wanted and he says "Oh, you want 2 different pictures? Then you have to buy the $160 "2 Pose Glossy" package. With that you'll get the images on a CD and the rights to the pictures."

Me: "Well, I don't need the images on a CD, I just need 2 "Yearbook Glossies" at $30 each."

Him: "I'm sorry, sir. The only way to get 2 poses is with the 2 pose package."

Me: "Actually, there is another way. My daughter and I will buy 1 Yearbook Glossy for $34, then we'll walk out the door, turn around and come right back in. Then we'll have you spend another 1/2 hour taking

25 more pictures, you and I will go through them all again and I'll pay you $34 for another Yearbook Glossy. Does that make business sense to you? How about I just pay you the extra $4, save you all of that work and get 2 Yearbook Glossies for $68?"

Pause..confused look...pause.

Him: "OK, I'll ring it up that way, just don't tell the manager."

I wonder how many people just fold and pay more than double for 2 pictures and a CD.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

An educated buyer! I love it. A kindred soul

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Umm... You actually gave this person money after he tried that?

Reply to
Larry Fishel

=3D=3D

=3D=3D

When your daughter has to hand in her Senior pictures the next day or not get them into the yearbook, you do what you have to do.

I found out later that when SWMBO went in to pick up the pictures and asked to see the whole set, they told her that we had already viewed them, made our choice, and that she couldn't see them. At the time didn't even know about the hassle I had had.

She pointed to the sign that said "Images will be available only until closing on the day of the sitting" and calmly reminded them that they were still open. They showed her all of the images.

Gotta love her!

Trust me, the email to Cl!X main office is almost finished.

Reply to
DerbyDad03