OT Chipped car keys and magnets?

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 20:52:20 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"
I would fefinitely secong that. If anyone finds the "hidden" access key they still cannot steal your car - untill they find the hidden chip-key inside the car - which they don't know is even ther, muchless where.
And if the key-safe falls off you have lost a $3 key, not an $80 one.

Haw fast can you swipe it past? Speed of sound? Speed of light? Anything much less will NOT be a problem

A definite yes on both
130.133.4.11:

I heard from NissanUSA. Answer worthless - concerned the Nissan 'Intelligent Key system' which I carefully stated I didn't have in my query. <sigh> Evidently question answerers not quite as intelligent as the key.
Local dealership guy emailed he'd get back to me this afternoon. We will see.
--
"Things would be a lot nicer if antique people were valued
as highly as antique furniture!" Anon