OT Charmin bathroom tissue

Page 1 of 2
Everytime I see that commercial, I want the bear to pick up a rabbit to wipe his butt.
Anyway...My aunt says not to use charmin bathroom tissue. She says the tissue does not break down in the septic tank like it should.
Any truth to that?

Marcal sells 100% recycled paper as toilet tissue. To me it has the ideal combination of grab and gentleness. Moreover it is produced locally, so it keeps locals employed.
Btw, out in the woods you are not supposed to use toilet tissue. Goose- foot maple leaves are preferred, especially young leaves. So this is the time of year to go out and do your business ...
--
Best regards
Han
"Han" wrote:

Well, yes, but one can't always be too picky. More important is to know what *not* to use, especially the various species which cause contact dermatitis (poison oak, ivy, sumac, etc.).
Around here, I've found tall grass, gently rolled in bunches between the hands, to be a functional and soothing wipe.
Jon

Do I always have to indicate sarcasm or attempted humor?
--
Best regards
Han

Only when the attempts fail. In this case the attempted humor was not addressed in the response - doesn't mean it failed.
"Han" wrote:

No, not when the humor or sarcasm is readily apparent to the intended audience.
Perhaps due to an urban lifestyle, the concept of using leaves, grasses, or other "natural materials" to wipe your bum might be an odd concept for you. Otherwise, it is a fact of life for those of us who find ourselves out in the boonies without bogwipe when nature calls, and a valid point of discussion.
Jon
Jon Danniken wrote:

My wife's turds are so big and hard they just sit there across the drain hole while the water flushes down. You have to cut it up with a knife before it will go down.

And I bet she uses the same knife to spread mayonnaise on your sandwiches.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to go look in the tank to verify that. I guess she did that.

Your aunt is wise. Charmin clogs easily and breaks down slowly, Scotts is best because it breaks down and the rolls are much longer. Scotts also has a nice slight little abrasiveness to let you know its working, but I wont elaborate on that any more than that.
How do you know it's working?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

It may be longer but it is only one ply and about the cheapest tissue to be found. And I don't mean cheap in a good way either. It is so darn thin and chintzy you have to use twice as much to get your butt clean thus that's why that crappy (no pun intended) paper is longer than other rolls. A person is not saving any money buying this mess as they have to use twice as much so they might as well get their money's worth and buy two-ply paper.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Guess I'm just a hardass- I prefer Scott's. I detest the fluffy stuff all my relatives use at their houses- feels like wiping with dryer lint. Acts like dryer lint, too- disintegrates in your hand.
-- aem sends...
"aemeijers" wrote

Grin, fact. Scotts cost more per roll but if you actually check it out, Scotts lasts significantly longer. Long enough that it's actually 'cheaper'. With 2 women in the house (yes, they use more toilet paper up), it's a notable savings over the cheap 2 ply stuff.
Ok, I'm cheap. I get scotts at BJ's in 20 roll packages. Lasts a long time that way ;-)
cshenk wrote:

If you let the women buy the TP, you're doomed.
In the Girl Manual, that's the first step toward domination.
"HeyBub" wrote

Hehe I let my husband shop once. *wince*. He spent 1 months worth of grocery money on a week's worth of food. We were not flush with money and i had to eek out the rest of the month with stored staples of dried beans and rice etc.
His ethic? Gee but 4 rolls of Charmin were cheaper than 4 rolls of Scott's (it got worse). So, I gathered my penny jar to get us toilet paper to last out the month.

Many years ago, so the story goes, this part of North America was becoming more of cash society rather than a subsistence farming and fishing one. People had worked hard for generations to get a good living from the land and the sea but never had much actual money.
But old feller was now getting a national pension cheque on a regular basis and after a lifetime of hard and thrifty work decided that for more comfort in his declining years and since he had now had the income, he would buy 'real' toilet paper.
Accordingly he wrote to a well known mail-order company to order toilet paper.
The company replied, saying that they were not sure what kind of toilet paper he would be interested in buying, but if he would look on pages 681 to 683 of their most recent catalogue he could select the type, colour etc. and size of packaging.
The thriftiness and survival instincts of a lifetime re-asserting themselves, the pensioners reply was brief and to the the point. "If your catalogue has that many pages please send two catalogues".
cshenk wrote:

Scott has 1,000 sheets. Most others, 400. Oops, hubby bought the soft stuff. Have to talk to him.......

Heh scotts isnt 'hard' it's just a one ply unlike others. It also flushes better in a lower-volume toilet than the pluffy stuff.