OT - Cell Phone Plan Gloat

File this under =93Good things come to those who wait!=94

Let me start by mentioning that we typically get very close to our cell phone plan allotment but never go over. Last month we were 11 minutes below our plan maximum. Too close for comfort!

My phone is getting pretty beat up and over the past few weeks I've been trying to decide which phone to "upgrade" to. I get a $100 credit towards any phone that Verizon sells, and I was leaning towards a particular model. After my discount, the phone was going to cost me about $100 out of pocket.

Good thing # 1

While I was delaying my decision, Verizon started a promotion and put the phone on sale for $100 off. With my discount the phone would now be free. That's all I needed to put me over the edge and I was going to order the phone today.

Now, as we all know, when you "upgrade" your phone, you are also agreeing to a new 2 year contract, and that was OK with me.

Good thing # 2

Well, my cell phone rings this morning and it's Verizon Customer Service. They would like to offer me a free 100 minute "overage protection plan=94 if I renew my 2 year agreement.

Of course I agreed, since my plan would have renewed - without the extra 100 minutes - as soon as I upgraded my phone.

Right after I hung up with Verizon, I ordered the new phone.

So, by procrastinating on the purchase of a new phone, I saved $100 and got a free 100 minute cushion on my plan.

Sweet!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Cell phone companies are crooks.

Reply to
Mike

You're right. I think I'll use something other than a cell phone company for my cell phone service.

Reply to
DerbyDad03