OT: cashing in coins

Page 3 of 3

If you have problems with your bank, find another. I'm sure there is one around that wants your business (assuming you're not a dead beat).

It's a service for customers. They don't make money selling coin to non-customers. Many banks charge even their customers for coin.

I'd suggest saving them for a couple of years to see if inflation kicks up as much as some people expect. They'll be even more valuable then.
On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 05:47:15 -0800, Smitty Two

I went to the supermarket last month and they had raised the rate to almost 10 percent, but they also gave 100% if you took a coupon for one of 8 stores, including lowes and amazon. Since I was abotu to buy something via amazon, it worked out fine, got 100%
I spend my quarters, even if I have to spend a couple minute stacking them a dollar at a tiem for the cashier, so I only have nickles dimes and pennies, including those pennies I tried to clean. The machine might confiscate those so I'm spending them. I've spent 10 of the 103 so far!!
P&M