OT: Car windshield cleaning Q?

Sadly, newspapers have changd, too.

They used to be steam pressed, rendering thmm sanitized, so you could wrap food in them, oruse them for birth/deliveries.

Now even the inks come out, cause smudging all over and absorb into your system while reading, and reportedly change personality of those reading [temporary]

Reply to
RobertMacy

Doesn't stand up to ultraviolet light, or extreme temperature ranges?

Reply to
RobertMacy

Now you see why when we do cross-country trips; we ALWAYS rent an unlimited mileage car. You should have seen the windshield after the sandstorm near Reno. Or, the damage due to the construction truck carrying a load of something and having it blow off onto us at 75 mph. Or, after driving at evening time through Georgia, NC, etc and as your wife noticed, the paint damage all over the front of the rental's very nice car! Both from impact AND from little splattered body chemicals, whatever that caustic stuff is!

For example, rented Cadillac from Hertz and put 16,000+ miles on it during one summer's drive. Very comfortable car, but wouldn't want to own that specific car after that trip! Needed a new paint job. ...and windshield. What did Hertz say? Normal wear and tear, bless their hearts.

Reply to
RobertMacy

I'll try that. Hating chemicals, I found the fastest for me was distilled water and non-abrasive soft tissues. Semi-damp wrap and wipe across inside. Seems to pick everything up and adds a slight polishing to the surface. Plus, the technique makes it super easy to see 'missed' spots.

Reply to
RobertMacy

At Vicksburg, the Texans manned the line that looked like it was less than

60 feet to the yankees [can't imagine what it was like to be able to recognize a cousin across from you!] and saved the day when the yankees broke the line somewhere else, they just stepped in, or is that waded in?, and held the line saving the day, well for awhile anyway. I think along with Tennesee people, but can't remember now.
Reply to
RobertMacy

Final polish with dry newsprint gets rid of the streaks.

Reply to
clare

I guess you haven't read your rental contract lately.

You're *very* lucky.

Reply to
krw