OT car auction

Page 4 of 4
On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 18:36:28 -0500, Dean Hoffman

You're not paying attention.

Charity. (good grief!)

Friends often ask me when I'm going to retire. I have no plans for a couple of more years at least. Going to work for me is about as enjoyable as going to the coffee shop to met some friends. First thing I do is make a pot of tea and sit with one of my co-workers for an hour. Then I go out to the shop and see every employee to say "good morning" and make sure everything is OK with them.
Of 15 employees, 6 of us are over 60. Two recent retirees were 76 and 75.
If I was putting wheels and lug nuts on cars as they went down the assembly line, I'd have been out two years ago.
On 8/24/2013 3:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Just because your body is failing physically doesn't mean your brain has stopped working. Me and my friends who are disabled and don't wish to give up on life and keep working somehow are trying to find young people who are not slackers and potheads to pass our knowledge and skills on to. My friend LM who's 62 has gotten to the point where he's as crippled as I am and his son is going back to school for HVAC training which has us talking about how we can teach him what we know. It makes you wish you were young again. ^_^
TDD
On 8/18/13 8:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The owner probably didn't either when he was a ten year old in an orphanage. Story here: http://tinyurl.com/k3ksroe (PJ Media, Lifestyle section)
On 8/22/2013 8:56 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

What an amazing guy Mr. Smith was. I've found through life that the people who are truly altruistic and charitable are often those who grew up with nothing. Eddie Smith taught his children how to give back to a world that's been good to them and has left a wonderful legacy. Gosh, the country needs more people like Eddie Smith. ^_^
TDD

The middle and lower classes seem to despise the wealthier portion of society. While there may be good reason in some cases, Eddie Smith is to be admired. Everything he has, he earned. He uses what he earned to help others. Wish I could have met him.
The reason is class envy politics.
On 8/23/2013 9:13 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/23/2013 8:13 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I've never despised anyone who made their wealth through hard work unless that wealth was obtained through theft. I know people like that and in this area, a few who have made a great deal of money through nefarious means are now in prison. The class/wealth warfare that exists in the United States is purulent pathological propaganda purposely promoted pursuing proletariat public political protest propagating progressively portending probable pogroms against moneyed people. This poppycock is promulgated by Commiecrat politicians and all of the Liberal/Leftist press worldwide. ^_^
TDD
On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 19:40:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Nice!

I was inspired and in my subconscious must have thought of Dennis Miller. ^_^
TDD

There is a Dr. Ben Carson who also puts us mere mortals to shame. His mom is quite a lady. She had only something like a 3rd grade education yet made Ben and his brother write book reports for her. She could barely read them. Dr. Carson is/was a hot shot surgeon. His brother is/was a manager at Honeywell. Dr. Carson gave a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast. http://tinyurl.com/mfzcksl (Youtube about 28 minutes.)
On 8/23/2013 5:45 PM, Dean Hoffman > wrote:

Dr. Ben Carson is one of my heroes. It's too bad there aren't more great Americans like him who have the respect of ALL the people. ^_^
TDD

And one more: http://alturl.com/t8im4 I grew up in the lap of luxury compared to Smith, Carson, and this last gentleman. Hint: Winningest college football coach of all time. All time.
On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 20:56:30 -0500, Dean Hoffman

Wow, a great story. I admire people like that.