OT car auction

Page 3 of 4
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Those with passion?

On 8/24/2013 3:36 PM, Bill wrote:

The crazy people are those people not groked by the mainstream and are given the label "crazy". ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

ever use the word. I doubt they use it in law or psychology.
But when you say, "Like The Daring Dufas", everyone knows exactly what you mean. ; )
Bill

On 8/24/2013 3:56 PM, Bill wrote:

Mommy! Billy is being mean to me! Make him stop it! O_o
TDD
On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 15:47:25 -0500, The Daring Dufas

No, those who have lost reality are labeled "crazy".
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

might show you 10 different realities. I'm not familiar with Tesla (he has not been a part of my reality). I'll do some investigation.
Bill wrote:

I read much of what Wikipedia had to say about Tesla. Someone who works so hard might be excused a few idiosyncrasies...
Having the chance to work with people like him would be better than retiring from work, no??? : )

<boggle>

Certainly *NOT*. Do some more research before you make more of an ass of yourself. Hint: Wiki doesn't count as "research".
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Count me out (of this "conversation"). Go kick your cat or something.

Don't go away mad...

You really are a moral relativist.

You really should before you make more of an ass of yourself.

Who's reality is that? I saw an article about some research done that questioned whether or not what one person sees is different from what you may see. His color "red" may be different from your color red. It's mind boggling no? ^_^
TDD
On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 17:57:59 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Good grief!

Spoken like a true relativistic moralist (aka leftist) loon. There is a *big* difference between passion and lunacy. Tesla wasn't sane.

Certainly.

There are exceptions. Some people their occupation isn't work (I'm sure you wouldn't like to acknowledge priests in this class). BTW, you forgot Bill Gates. Oh, wait...
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

that isn't "all work". That's why many people try to go into jobs consistent with their interests. Some don't.

Very few have a better job than I have but I wouldn't be there the nanosecond after a MegaMillions payout. I once thought I would but that was when I was a lefty loon.

Irrelevant. It's still a job.

snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

your time instead--in a way that won't "ruin" your life (like straying into a drug or alcohol problem).

WTF are you talking about? I have no problem filling my time. Work isn't the answer to life. It's just a tool. If it's unpaid, it's utility is lost.

Gotta disagree with that last sentence. I've been blessed with work I like. I get to see the results of my work for years after a particular job is done. Sometimes a farmer will die or get seriously hurt in an accident. His neighbors will show up with their equipment and do his work for him or his widow. Most would be insulted if the recipient of their work offered to pay them. How would you classify volunteer work? Useless?
And NO. I wouldn't work without pay.