OT - camping lantern choices

With just in time shipping, the stores inventories are pretty much zero, now days. Real shame, when a bubble or hiccough comes into the system. Or a power cut.

I'm sure I would have agreed with that.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The best time to buy a generator is when you don't need one - preferably about 3 years after the last power failure!!!

Reply to
clare

On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 5:07:40 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrot e:

...was that you best effort? ???\

Reply to
bob_villain

There is often a period after a power cut, when people sell off that big klunk they had out in the garage, to free up space for the latest toy.

I only wish I was alive to get the good price.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I agree!

Reply to
Muggles

I looked up lumen output a while ago when I was contemplating getting an LED lantern to replace my Propane Coleman. I don't recall the exact numbers now but in broad terms the LEDs put out a few hundred lumens and the Propane lanterns put out 1000 or more. I did buy an LED lantern but it puts out nowhere near the light of the propane. For lighting the inside or a tent it's fine but for lighting up the whole of a campground the Propane is what does the job. I have two propane, one a Coleman and the other some off brand. The Coleman is about twice as bright.

Reply to
>>>Ashton Crusher

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

The power co's don't make money if the meter ain't spinning. They have to think about what they are doing because not all utilities follow the same scheme and grids.

Reply to
Tekkie®