OT Campaign contributions

I - and probably many others - are of the opinion that campaign contributtions should be oulawed or vastly reduced in size - say max of $50 ot $100 a year total for all contributions. At least for federal elections.
Feds give each candidate $X for campaign travel and make the media prvide X number of free ads per campaign for each candidate.
Of course the media will fight this tooth and nail.
Perhaps this will get better candidates and fewer laws that only help the generous campaign contributers.
A big problem will be making rules to decide who are legitimate candidates and who are only in it for the travel money.
And we'd have to watch or listen to many many fewer campaign ads.
On Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 2:04:02 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:

i like your entire idea...