See my reply to Bob F. - you may be right but it's still a defect on
Nikon's part if that is the case, because the camera supposedly can be
adjusted to accept different types of batteries. I even bought two
pair of Nikon branded batteries "just in case" and had the same issue.
On Mar 12, 10:27 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
They recommend not using them.
"'Unusable" is the term used. Reasons...
They can leak.
They may also cause battery power indicator inaccuracy.
Cause the camera to not turn on. Cause data written to
the memory card to be damaged.
...and the digital camera repair place I sent mine to (recommended by Kodak)
specifically said 'use lithium batteries'. The only time I've had problems
is with alkaline or rechargeable (NiMH) - the lithium's work forever.
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:55:53 -0400, email@example.com wrote:
ASSUMINTG the voltage is correct, why would any of the above be true?
And I've never heard of one leaking (unlike both carbon/zink and
The battery level indicators are generally a joke anyway, so that's no
reason (at least for me) not to use them. My Lumix says not to use
Litium batteries, and it works GREAT with them. The recommended NiMH
battries have a very short life and Oxyride batteries are not
generally universally available (and are also not rechargeable)
Oxyride batteries are BASICALLY just a high density alkaline.(with a
slightly higher terminal voltage)
Many users overlook the fact that, by far and away, the BIGGEST drain on
the battery is the LCD display. Keep THAT turned off or, at least, set
to turn off promptly and you'll enjoy much improved battery life.
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:51:56 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
It depends on what camera. Some recommend NIMH others
are problematic with them. Some cameras are known to have
contact problems. Some cameras have settings and/or specs.
for alkaline or NIMH.
As others, I suspect the camera is bleeding them. My Kodak behaves
like this. I just put batteries in before I use it and take them out
afterwards. Camera's about 5 years old and not worth trying to fix
and wife has a new, better one anyway.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.