OT: buying cars

Page 6 of 10
On 8/8/2015 10:23 PM, rbowman wrote:

That's how I feel it's like finding an SUV in a large parking lot. At least if I got a beetle the shape alone would stand out from all the SUV's.
--
Maggie

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

O come on... you KNOW she wants the plastic daisy's on the antenna.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

Muggles wrote:

If you start going out of control, you put the gear in N and concentrate on steering. You know which way knowing which way rear end is heading. Racing professional drivers seldom use brakes to control cars in normal driving. Poor drivers always wear out the brakes quick. The brake riders.

On 8/8/2015 3:44 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Back then when I was learning it taught me what not to do, but now many years later I've learned how to drive on slick roads. I still don't like it, but I can do it.
--
Maggie

Muggles wrote:

I sent both of my kids to defensive driving course(professional driver training, like cops take) and taught them how to drive stick shift.
On 8/8/2015 5:03 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

When we had our VW Rabbit it was a stick shift, and I learned how to drive it pretty well. I had fun with the clutch when I'd have stop for a light on a hill seeing how little I'd roll back when the light changed the green again.
--
Maggie

Muggles wrote:

Green and Grin?

Professional race drivers steer nore with the throttle than with the steering wheel too. Nothing like making a hard right turn with the wheel cranked hard to the left, and the rtight foot burried. That driving style doesn't work worth a crap with front wheel drive!!!
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I don't think there is no FWD racing vehicle.

Lots used in ice racing, autocross, and rallying - not pro rallying today - they are almost all AWD and 4WD now.
On 08/08/2015 06:44 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Too true. Like I said in another post I almost killed myself before I learned how to drive the FWD Audi. I learned to drive with a RWD on a lot of dirt roads.
On 08/08/2015 10:49 AM, notbob wrote:

The body shops rub their hands in glee every winter at the first snowfall. It snows and we have a week or two of driver training. Every year.
It's like rain in SoCal? What's this stuff? I don't remember this ever happening? Crash!
On 08/08/2015 10:17 AM, Muggles wrote:

They're sort of pricey for what you get. The new Beetle is a little better than the old New Beetle but they're pretty much a Golf in drag.
On 8/8/2015 1:48 PM, rbowman wrote:

Golf in drag! That's funny!
--
Maggie

Muggles wrote:

How come, Golf has many options. GTI is very good small sports car.
On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 3:23:19 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:

...a sports car has two seats...maybe you mean sporty car?
On 8/8/2015 4:32 PM, bob_villa wrote:

Since when? Are you saying that a Porsche 911 isn't a sports car?
On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 3:42:03 PM UTC-5, Ron wrote:

If you're a purist it is a 2-seater: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sports+car
On 8/8/2015 4:48 PM, bob_villa wrote:

You didn't answer my question. Are you saying that a Porsche 911 isn't a sports car?
On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 3:51:49 PM UTC-5, Ron wrote:

as

rag.

ports+car

"SPORTS' CAR" so you're almost right! (ง ͠° ͟ل ͜ ͡°)ง