(OT) Bud Lite & Busch Lite Sucks

Bud Lite & Busch Lite are the worst beers made. Yet they are the most popular beers sold. Americans have no taste whatsoever. I'd rather drink piss than drink that shit. The next son of a bitch that throws a bud or busch lite can along my driveway will be shot.
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 06:53:50 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

< apologies for contributing to this OT > but .. Ditto for all of the big-name popular beers. Since I don't drink as many, as many years ago ; so the price-per-bottle is no longer a consideration - I always ask-for and look-for local micro brews - ... I haven't been disappointed yet ! Support your neighbours - not the huge multi-nationals. John T.
--- ---
On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 7:54:46 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Why exactly are you so mad about this? If those were the only beers sold, or the only ones available in a typical bar, I could understand it. The reality is that today the store shelves are stocked with a staggering array of beers produced by breweries large and small in the USA and from abroad. The selections are probably 10x what they were just a couple decades ago. And obviously people must be buying them, or the stores would not stock them.
For the record, I see Bush Lite coming in as #7. For the record, all the beers in the top 20 that I see are the traditional American style lagers, brewed by the majors, without a lot of taste. But the stores and bars are stocked with an overwhelming array of other choices.
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Speaking of piss...
Years ago there was a columnist for one of the Chicago papers named Mike Royko. Many/most of his columns could be called "satirical sarcasm" but at least one was pure truth.
That column involved a tasting of popular American beers. The uniform opinion of the tasting panel was that they all tasted as if they had been run through a horse.

I guess that explains why Budweiser has their Clydesdales......

Having never tasted horse piss, I will defer that conclusion to those who have.

What is the supposed purpose of drinking a "Lite" beer? Is it to consume less alcohol? Why would anyone want to do that?

Less alcohol means less calories. Theoretically, less calories means a smaller beer gut. In reality, people who drik lite beer tend to drink more to compensate, so in a sense it's a pointless exercise.
On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 10:06:45 AM UTC-4, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:

It's not just less alcohol that reduces the calories. They also reduce the carb content compared to a regular beer. But I agree, whether it's worth it is debatable.

The lite beers are about 0.5 to 1% less alcohol. But they are supposed to be lower in calories. What drives me crazy is that well over half the people that drink it, are NOT on any diet, and many dont need to be. It seems more like a fad than a need to drink the stuff. Almost every time I am around beer drinkers, whether it's in a bar, or some sort of event, I see about 90% or more of the cans are Bud or Busch Lite. Since I know a bar owner, I asked him the percentage of sales, and those two are about 90% of his sales.
What really gets me is that those lite beers have less than half the taste, compared to the "full" beer from that same company.
I dont like any Anhauser Busch beers (Bud or Busch), but if I want a beer and nothing else is being sold, I'll take a regular Budweiser. But sooner or later someone is going to hand me a Lite, because they seem to think everyone drinks it. I'll usually drink it, but I surely dont enjoy it. The last wedding I went to, had Bud Lite in their tapper. I had one, the rest of the nite I drank the free soda pop instead. It tasted better and eliminated the headache I ususally get from Lite beers, if I drink more than two.

In yer opinion. Whattabout Corona and Corona Light?

If they're drinking that swill, there's a good chance they will be strapped, also. ;)
nb

I dont know, but I'm sick and tired of finding those cans along my driveway, and it's always that same brand. They sure are not from anyone I know. None of my friends drink that crap either, plus they all know better than toss garbage on my property. Some people seem to think that farms are garbage dumps. I get very pissed when people dump crap on my property. I had a mechanic come here to do a tractor repair, and he left about 5 soda cans, and some sandwich wrappers on the ground. When he was done, I got my checkbook, and told him I'd pay him as soon as he picked up his garbage. He did.