OT - Broadcast Antenna Reception

I would expect the difference would have to do with the carrier frequency used. That has nothing to do with it being digital.

This seems to be true, at least for one local station here. I can't receive it (the digital version) now even though I should be close enough. Perhaps the station is using a lower power transmitter and will switch to its higher powered one next year. According to antennaweb.org, it will also be returning to its former channel (7, digital currently on 10) then.

Those 2 sentences above seem contradictory.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

That was my first guess too.

some OTA digital stations transmit on UHF freqs,and they are susceptible to shifts in the ionosphere that occur after dark. try an amplified indoor antenna,or mount a bigger antenna and booster in the attic.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I suspect most do.

Note that an amplifier will not help unless you have a clean signal at the antenna input.