OT Broadband costs

Page 2 of 2

Lotsa areas are dropping POTS jes so they CAN abandon all that "buried copper/fiber" in lieu of cellphones.
nb
On 10/14/2015 12:41 PM, notbob wrote:

Sure. But, now you've got an asset that you've valued at $0 -- the same as your CELLPHONE competitors! I.e., you've traded away the liability *and* the asset!
(there's no other "game in town" for landlines; but LOTS of them for cell phones!)
On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 3:42:01 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:

Sure and the fact that pots customers have been sharply dropping for 15 years now on their own has nothing to do with it, right?

How the fsck would I know what has what to do with it? Jes stating what I've heard. If you wanna start an row, find a chump.
nb
On 10/14/2015 05:54 PM, trader_4 wrote:

I live in an area served by Comcast and AT&T.
AT&T put in wimpy Uverse crap and the max I can get from them is 6Mb down and less than 1Mb up.
For a mere $10 more from Comcast, I can get 120Mb down and 24Mb up.
Why would anyone stay with AT&T? No wonder AT&T is swirling the bowl.
On 10/14/2015 12:10 PM, KenK wrote:

Apparently all cable/telcos have weird plans. Mine, Frontier, after a year, automatically puts you on what I call, the retail plan ... full price. I call them and they magically fix it. If you don't call, you pay and pay. Also, most of these companies have what they call, a retention department. It is usually just a subset of their call center. If you complain and make noise about leaving, they hand you over to a retention droid that is allowed to make deeper changes than the regular person. They never tell you about the retention department. So that's a good place to start. BTW, most cable companies will sell you a data only plan for your internet connection. Cable internet will usually be much higher speed than DSL. And of course, there is satellite which is usually more expensive and has data limits. I once told them right out, if they didn't fix my problem I would cancel all there stuff, even though that would entail a more expensive internet package via satellite and they jumped in with a good priced plan.