OT break in oil for a new car

Page 2 of 5

If you're bright enough to know this is off topic, why the fuck aren't you bright enough to locate rec.autos.tech?
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:24:34 -0600, AZ Nomad

Does that group offer support for the Yugo?!*
Last I looked the Yugo group was missing from servers...
*
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/422px-go_yugo.jpg

You could always try
alt.religion.autos.yugo it's still on Newsguy. Why, I don't know...
Gordon Shumway
Our Constitution needs to be used less as a shield for the guilty and more as a sword for the victim.

There's also rec.autos.makers.yugo.
It must suck not to know how to use a newsreader to search for groups.
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:29:29 -0600, AZ Nomad

It really sucks when a free server drops Yugo groups.
-- "Well, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, it happens constantly."

Is there really a single yugo still running?
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 22:36:10 -0600, AZ Nomad

Maybe in Cuba?

Fortunately, the presence of OT messages has absolutely no effect on you that you can discern.
Oren wrote:

No wonder Yugo went under, the darn steering wheel's on the wrong side!
TDD
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 23:27:52 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

:-) Now who was it who offered a car in both LHD and RHD - the 'conversion' for RHD being a sprocket and chain system from the right side of the car to a chopped steering mechanism on the left, so that all the existing linkages could be retained?
My brain wants to say AMC, but it must have been 20 years ago now that I saw the setup.
cheers
Jules

How about two steering wheels? :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
oLJW5ck_Y

car and driver once had a comic of a car with four steering wheels for all wheel steering.
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 08:49:11 -0500, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Class! I like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlC93lTEwBQ

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

LMAO!!!!!
Jules wrote:

Well, there were those drivers ed cars. The one at my high school had an extra brake peddle on the passenger side for the football coach who doubled as the drivers ed teacher.
TDD
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:20:26 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

Well, my brain woke up and it *was* AMC - on the Pacer. But only on UK import cars, and googling suggests that it was handled by the company doing the import and not by AMC themselves. How the hell that ever passed any kind of safety inspection, I don't know. Apparently the car didn't sell well over there in a market dominated by cars of half the size with half the engine capacity. Having chain-driven steering and a driver's door that was too long to open in the typical parking lot couldn't have helped.
Drivers Ed ones are interesting - over in England we always had ones with "dual controls", with the pedals* linked - but not a passenger-side steering wheel.
* I really don't recall if it was just the brake, of gas and clutch (very few slushboxes over there) too.
cheers
Jules
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:24:34 -0600, AZ Nomad

Since you are fimiliar with rec.autos.tech, you already know they get 4 posts a day max.
You do the math.
You know how kill filters work? I will do you if you do me.

rec.autos.tech has not such limitations. How did you arrive at that fantasy.

There is no math involved with such bullshit.

Get over yourself.
AZ Nomad wrote:

He did not say there is a limit, but if there is no activity to speak of, the chances of his question being answered are slim.

Bullshit. 247 posts in the last 12 days.