OT Boston Bombing

Page 5 of 5
On May 1, 1:08 am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

the

rs

lim

Simple Duf. They were not intentional. Big difference.
On 5/1/2013 2:08 AM, harry wrote:

Not for the faint hearted

I consider drunk driving accidents to be intentional along with lethal accidents cause by dumb asses texting or yacking on a cell phone. I absolutely refuse to use my cellphone while driving at high speeds. the only time I ever use my cell while driving is at low speed while someone talks me to their address in a neighborhood where speeds are 25mph but I always keep an eye out for children who might be playing in or near the street. I hit a puppy that ran out in front of my car one time years before there were cellphones and that distressed me enough. o_O
TDD

<snip preceding silliness

The very notion that drunk driving accidents are unintentional shows a great level of delusion NO ONE forced the drunk to ingest alcohol The drunk did that ON HIS OWN VOLITION NO ONE forced the drunk to get behind the wheel The Drink did that ON HIS OWN VOLITION It is NO DIFFERENT from the criminal picking up a gun, knife, baseball bat, or whatever before committing a violent act The criminal did that ON HIS OWN VOLITION
But then we are talking about harry.
On May 1, 8:41 pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

Using a handheld cell phone in your car is illegal in the UK, has been for years. I expect Americans think this law impinges on their "freedoms".
I ran over a bird once many years ago. It sounded exactly like stamping on a thin wooden box. I can still hear that sound to this day. :-(
On 5/2/2013 12:57 AM, harry wrote:

There are laws all over different states and cities throughout the country but no federal law that I can remember. I believe my home state of Alabamastan passed a "No Texting While Driving" law and some of the cities have a no cellphone use while driving ordinances and police will stop motorists for it. Perhaps a "You Die If You Do Something Stupid And Harm Someone Else" law. I've always thought that summery executions for drunk driving would go a long way toward putting a stop to drunk driving. ^_^
TDD
On Thu, 02 May 2013 07:07:57 -0500, The Daring Dufas

A federal law would be absurd (is the FBI going to come after you?) and probably unconstitutional. Every state has laws against "distracted driving". Laws against TWI, and such, are just more busywork by the busybody legislators.

he

im

You've obviously defeated your own argument. There was a huge and similar outrage over the Newtown and similar incidents. In the case of Newtown, you even had Obama getting directly involved, saying we need to do more to prevent it, and dispatching Joe Biden to come up with more laws to try to prevent the problem. In the case of Boston, Obama has pretty much said that nothing needs to be done. He won't even call it Muslim terrorism. NY and CT both passed more gun control legislation in a knee jerk reaction. So, I think you have the reactions all wrong.
Also, if you look at the broad picture of deaths from guns or other causes of murder, they are 99% small incidents, with most only involving a single victim. Because someone gets shot in Chicago, they don't have to shut the whole city down because someone is running around with a car full of bombs and who knows what else. Bombs that killed 3 and injured hundreds of people. And left unchecked, the next terrorism attack could kill 5,000. Apparently some people learned nothing from 911.
Oh, and I understand the Boston Globe has run a story showing that the Tsarneav family received over $100,000, in welfare. And that's not counting the scholarship and other freebies they've sucked up. And they were driving a Mercedes. Now we're paying for a whole team of the best lawyers to defend junior, the millions the trial will cost, the hundreds of millions of increased police cost, overtime, lost business revenue, etc that this fine family has cost us. And then the piece of crap mother, who's an alleged thief with a warrant out on her too, has the nerve to blame the USA.... I hope they find out she is ass hole deep to a six foot elephant into this herself.
 Folks drop by the site to leave really useless

You don't understand and see the difference between unintended collateral damage that occurs in war and deliberate acts of terrorism that specifcally target innocent civilians? The USA takes every step possible to AVOID civilian casualties. For example, instead of using a drone to target a specific house that a terrorist is in, we could have used conventional dumb bombs and taken out a few blocks. Or we could send ground troops into Pakistan to kill a terrorist and wind up with more casualties on both sides. On top of that, most of those "innocents" are not really innocent. Unless you believe the civilians harboring Al-Qaeda in their house don't know what they are doing.
Yeah, the world isn't perfect and sometimes truly innocents get killed when a bomb goes totally off course and hits the house next door. But what would you do if you knew there were a couple of senior Al-Qaeda terrorists slepping in a house in village in Pakistan?
I got angry about

text -

Again, you don't understand the difference between a herbicide intended to defoliate trees and nerve gas that specifically targets and kills people within seconds? The comparisons you make amaze me.
And as for the overall issue, that of showing pictures, the pictures of collateral war damage in Afghanistan are quickly put out by Al-Jazeera and other anti-US media for all to see.

he

im

ed text -

Tosh. If you launch a missile at a house, everyone in it will be killed. Targets and non targets. Those are just feeble excuses for actions that are completely unjustifiable. You will pay for this/are already paying. As at Boston.
The bombers were targeting ALL Americans, so by your logic they are/ were completely justifed. In their eyes, you are all as bad. You voted in the government that despatches drones so you all bear a share of the responsibilty.

et

nd

the

ers

slim

oted text -

No shit Sherlock. That's what happens in war. We do our best to limit collateral damage. Hence we take out the house, not the entire city. Speaking of taking out cities, what exactly did your Britts do in WWII with places like Berlin and Dresden? What are you doing right now in Afghanistan?
Moron

Yes, because they've been brainwashed by radical Islam and are no longer rational. What's your excuse?

If it's just the US that's responsible, how is it that Islamic terrorists have blown up innocent civilians in dozens of countries. From Somalia to Indonesia. From the UK to Spain. From Kenya to India.
Moron.

get

res

and

of the

owers

ne

Muslim

we

quoted text -

Oho. And how many Iraqis did you kill in your illegal invasion "justified" by non existent WMDs? This is what really let the genie out of the bottle.
Re Dresden/Berin the USAF was also involved.
Also see:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baedeker_Blitz So we felt quite entitled to bomb any city in Germany at the time.
Saddam kept Iran busy by making them believe he had WMDs
saddam was a bad ruthless killer. just what the mid east needed to maintain order....
saddam was like control rods in a nuclear reactor, they hurt efficency but prevent explosions

How well did that work when he started a war with Iran and invaded Kuwait?

Factually incorrect there too.

I have been to Iraq. How about you? Typical armchar, Yank, Faux News watcher.

harry, you've presumably been to school too, yet you've demonstrated to the satisfaction of virtually everyone here that you're still the village idiot on almost every topic. So, what difference would it make where you went?
As for the facts I've outlined, they have been reported by every major news organization. Try reading a real paper instead of the Commie Pinko Socialst Daily.