OT Boston Bombing

Page 1 of 5  
Pix not released generally
http://cryptome.org/2013-info/04/boston-bombs/boston-bombs.htm
Not for the faint hearted
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 4/29/2013 11:53 PM, harry wrote:

The mainstream press won't show such pictures because people might get too angry about what happened. I'm of the opinion that those pictures should be shown to the American people in order to make them angry and whenever the anger subsides, show them again. I believe the video of the people jumping out of windows during the fire at the World Trade Towers September 11th 2001 should be shown along with what happened to the people who jumped when they hit the ground and splattered. The people need to get angry and stay that way so something will be done about any country supporting the actions of those terrorists. Any Muslim who even hints approval at what happened should be deported. o_O
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 02:45:44 -0500, The Daring Dufas

That's probably a good idea. What about the bombings that happen in other places, like when be bombed Baghdad? How about the ones when we use drones to blow up buildings that may house a terrorist but kill a bunch of innocent kids? I get angry when I see 9/11 pictures but I also get angry when my government does the killing. I got angry about us dropping agent orange all over Vietnam and then complaining that Syria used chemical weapons. Or us using "depleted" uranium.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 4/30/2013 8:13 AM, dgk wrote:

The door is open, the difference in this country and the ones you wish to be a citizen of is that we won't try to stop you from leaving by shooting at you. You are free to leave at any time. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Apr 30, 2:18 pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

Leaving is probably a good idea.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 08:47:18 -0700 (PDT), harry

I'm stubborn. I love my country and want to fix what's wrong, not just pretend we don't do bad things. We often operate for the benefit of the 1%, not the rest of us. Daring figures that anything the US does is good. Not so. The answer is not to run away.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Institutions can get so bad that there is no repair. Only start afresh. As in Russia.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I don't see how anyone that "loves" their country can equate terrorist bombings that deliberately target civilians with a US drone attack on a house being used by Al-Qaeda terrorists in Afghanistan or Pakistan. It's just beyond bizarre.
In the case of a drone strike on terrorists, what would you do if you knew there were three Al-Qaeda leaders sleeping in a house in Pakistan? And do you really think the owners of the house don't know who's there with them? That they aren't giving them support, harboring them? So, if they happen to get taken out too, I doubt most of them are really innocent civilians. And if they are, it's like some civilians getting killed as a result of cops having to shoot it out with some murders. Would you blame the cops? We know what happens if we don't hit the house in Pakistan. They go on their merry way to commit more terrorst attacks, not only against the USA but all over the world.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

How do you know who is sleeping where and how good the intelligence is? Dodgy. I wonder when your gov will start "drone strikes" in the USA? (Neighbour reports they have a barking dog.)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Truth is the intelligence work has been excellent. Ask Abu Yahya al-Libi, Anwar al-Awlaki, Bin Laden and a long, long list of similar high level Al-Qaeda scum.
And like the typical trouble making skunk, you don't use a consistent set of rules. You say here that intelligence is "dodgy then condemn the USA for going to war with Iraq based on the best intelligence we had at the time. It was never up to the USA or the UN to try to guess via intelligence what WMDs Iraq had remaining or what they were doing. Per the agreement to end their brutal, unprovoked invasion of Kuwait, it was up to Iraq to cooperate with UN weapons inspectors, to account for all their WMDs that we know they had in the past and they continually refused to do so.

About the same time you're no longer the village idiot.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

11-9 was a drone strike. Just a little co-lateral.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 3 May 2013 10:38:31 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

A reasonable question and the answer is that our goverment does violent things around the world that are only in the interests of a tiny but very wealthy and powerful, minority of the citizens. Not the 1% that Occupy talked of, that was a bit too general. Maybe the top .01%, the ones that really control the big corporations, including most news sources.
A true war hero, twice winner of the Medal of Honor, Major General Smedly Butler, laid it on the table:
"I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.
I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested."
Now check out what our military or intelligence services have done around the world to make it safe for our major capitalists. Not just recent history, but stretching way back. Haiti, Nicaragua, Iran, Iraq, El Salvador, Greece, Chile, really, there isn't a single country where we haven't put in power a government meant to further the interests of our .01%. Iran, we put in the Shah, and kept him in, overtrowing a democratically elected government that wanted to control its own oil. The Shah killed all the reasonable opposition leaving only the religious nuts.
Is there any wonder that they hate us? Iraq, we gave them Saddam, and when he got too uppity, we lied in order to go to war and destroy their country. The Boston bombing is essentially what go on over there all the time. Are their deaths less horrible than ours? Still, looks like our .01% will get that oil.
Read William Blum's "Killing Hope" or "Rogue State" if you're curious to read about what we've done around the world. Facts are facts. The list of backstabbing and treachery is really astonishing.
That said, we do have real enemies. Muslim extremists are truly insane, but not the vast majority of Muslims who simply want to live their lives. Part of the problem is that our intervention in Afghanistan under Saint Reagan created the Taliban and Bin Laden. Those darlings in Chechnya, remember when they were freedom fighters until they blew up a school? That came out of our actions.
We've done a lot of good around the world, but never unless there is a profit for the .01%. And we've done a lot of bad things as well. Also as long as there is a profit.
And the families of many innocent people killed in drone attacks suffer just as much as we do. And many of those drone attacks are simply mistakes.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

The opinion of one guy, no matter how highly decorated, doesn't mean much. Especially when it's clearly laced with all emotion and no facts. He'd fit right in with the Occupy Wall Street crowd.

Oh, I see, so also the guy you dug up, is, well dug up..... I thought we were talking about contemporary America, not 100 years ago.

None of those places is "safe for American capitalists". Haiti for example, is and always has been a hell hole.

Ummm, the Shah had the religious nuts locked up! He had the ayatollah kohmeini exiled, living in France. It was when he was overthrown by those nuts, speared on by Jimmy "human rights" Carter, that all the trouble began. They let the nuts the shah had locked up out and now they run the country! Was the Shah corrupt? Sure? But he also built Iran into a regional power, both economic and military. He brought peace and stability to the region. He took people who were ignorant and educated them, built schools, built hospitals. He helped keep the Russians out of the middle east. He had contemporary western values, as opposed to the nuts that want to live in the 14th century and kill each other and us. His secret police locked up those that opposed him but apparently that is what it takes to keep Islamic nuts in line.

We gave them Saddam? Never heard that one before. Prior to the 50s, Iraq was controlled by the UK. They had a revolution, they wound up with a dictator of their own choosing. Ultimately Saddam came to power. Kind of like what has happened over there for centuries. It's happening again right now in Egypt, Libya, Syria.... They screw things up, make poor choices based on ignorance and religion and it's the fault of the USA? If a canary died in a cave in China you libs would blame it on the USA.

By their choice, not ours. When you have a bunch of ignorant people, many illiterate, who believe their religion makes it OK, then that's what you get.
>Are their deaths less horrible than ours?
Apparently so, because they choose to live that way. If the vast majority didn't want to live that way, they have certainly had major opportunities to change things, yet every time they make the wrong choice.

Yes, dream on. That was the claim made by the libs, that we went to war to take the Iraqi oil. Funny thing, last time I checked it still belongs to the Iraqi people. They are getting the revenue flow from it. And note, that if we wanted to take the oil, we could have just extracted at least enough of it to pay for the cost of their liberation. We didn't. Funny thing that, no? We conquer continents and give them back, ie Europe. We conquered Japan. Did we keep that? Why, no, we spent what today would be trillions on rebuilding Europe and Japan, we set up democracies, and we left them free. Why can't you libs focus on that, the really, really big picture, instead of finding anything that ain't right in the world and blaming it on the USA?

The mujahideen were already in existence in the 70s before Reagan ever came to office. Carter was already providing them aid. Not that there was anything wrong with that. They had a pro- Soviet puppet govt and it was the Cold War. Yes, Reagan accelerated the support to them and it was entirely appropriate at the time. No one back then, including any of the libs, was running around saying "Oh, one day they are gonna turn into total nut cases that will go around blowing up the world. We made the mistake of believing these Muslims had similar values to ours. Clearly they do not.
As for the Chechnyans, I suppose you think we're responsible for what they just did in Boston. We let a family come here 10 years ago, gave them political asylum that they never deserved. We gave them $100K+ in welfare, a scholarship to college. The blew up the Boston Marathon. That is pretty clear evidence that they are just a bunch of religious nuts and there is no rationalization, no matter how hard you libs try, for what they do.

Only according to you because you view everything and anything from an anti-American viewpoint. And that while all the while claiming to "love" your country. Yeah sure.....

That's the case in any war. Again, we take every measure to AVOID civilian casualties. Our muslim enemies deliberately target civilians, women and children. And then you bitch about the minority of drone attacks that are mistakes and make excuses for the actions of religious nuts hell bent on destruction. Go figure.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 8 May 2013 07:14:30 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

had to do that because we were fighting Communism". Our external interventions started way before that, and were solely meant to install governments friendly to "US Interests". Of course, my interest, and likely yours, didn't require that. The interest of the big Capitalists did. General Butler was in a position to see exactly what we were doing in all those wars.

All of those places were made safe(r) for foreign investment. That was the whole point.

The Shah couldn't put the entire religious leadership into exile or jail, he got rid of only the Ayatollah. He did have all of the non-religious opposition killed, leaving only the religious leadership.
And you're comparing apples to oranges. The comparison is not Shah vs Current Religious Nuts. It is Shah vs the democratically elected government that we overthrew in order to install the Shah. It is far from the only time that we overthrew a democracy and installed a dictator, so let's ditch any bullshit that we support democracy around the world. We support democracy only as long as someone willing to play with our big Capitalists wins.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

now. We are the most powerful country on earth, the only superpower. I view what we do around the world as critically important and thus I am free to blame us, because we are often at fault.
Since you haven't heard of our role in inflicting Saddam on Iraq:
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/51/217.html
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That is where we disagree. Having someone like the Shah of Iran, that kept the islamic extremists locked up, kept the commies at bay and brought peace and stability to the middle east was in my interest and the interest of the whole world.
<The interest of the

Oh, screw Butler. As if one general from 100 years ago is the oracle of all knowledge.

Haiti is safe for foreign investment? Good grief! There are plenty of investment opportunities all over the world. Corporations don't need the USA to make hell holes like Haiti or Nicaragua safe so they can "invest" in them. But when you start out with a jaundiced, conspiracy view of the USA, that's where you wind up.

Why not? Umm, well, it's because he focused on and locked up only the most radical nuts. And it worked. We had 3 decades of peace and Iran was not financing terror.

Which is a lie.

The obvious flaw in that argument is being exposed daily. When given the chance for true democracy, these muslims prefer to turn control over to a few religious extremists. Just look at what happened in Egypt. They just traded Mubarak for the muslim brotherhood. I suppose that choice is the fault of the USA too. Even when given every opportunity for a peaceful democracy, they turn to violence. Just look at Iraq and Afghanistan.
In the case of the shah, Iran had 3 decades of peace and relative prosperity. He built schools, educated the illiterate, built hospitals. Oh, and he didn't finance and harbor terrorists.

Oh yes, what an authoritative source! Very credible. I can find you a lot more "sources" like that which claim 911 was a govt conspiracy. I hope you don't believe that nonsense too.....
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Interesting article that.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

<YAWN> Major logic fail from a socialist ideologue
So called "big Capitalists" (sic) are nothing but a stupid red herring talking point for pinkies. In actual fact, ALL of the so-called "big Capitalists" (sic) that the pinkies like to demonize have benefitted ALL of the US. To understand why would require that you spend some time educating Far easier to just spout stupid and ignorant ideology

And foreign investment benefitted both the investors and the economies that were invested in.
rest of repetitious pinky propaganda ignored
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

The Cubans didn't feel benefitted. They were American slaves. Or the Nicoraguans come to think.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yeah, the Cubans felt like they were American slaves. That's why as Castro and the commies took over, so many of them fled by the boat load to the USA, right? In fact, they continued to flee to the USA for the next 50 years. My high school Spanish teacher was one of them. For the real slaves, you need only look at those still living in Cuba. They aren't even allowed to leave the country. But you always side with the commie dictators, while basing the USA. Proving once again that you are indeed the village idiot and a commie pinko bedwetter to boot!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

The reason things in Cuba are bad is the US economic blockade.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.