OT Blowing up a building that did not fall

I was watching some outrageous video clips. One of them was a demo crew blowing up a building. It looked like the first 2 or 3 floors collapsed, but the rest of the building did not collapse.
Anyone see the show? I guess they had to use a wrecking ball to take it down.
It looked like you could have pushed it a little and it would have gone over.

Is this an outtake from a phony WTC video?

Why don't you ask Rosie O'Donnell. She's an expert on building construction and demolition, if any of her recent statements about Building 7 at the WTC can be believed.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

I don't follow that fat bitch's antics, but I had to see what you were talking about. I found her blog:
http://www.rosie.com/blog/2007/03/15/wtc-7 /
You know - If I wanted to hear about lesbian licking techniques, how to gain 30 pounds overnight, or how to completely alienate myself from thinking folks -- I'd listen to the fat-slob..
For her to be on the same television set as Barbara Walters is blasphemy. So now I have respect for Bawwwwbwaa WaaaaWaaa either.
Have you ever seen the show, "The View"? It sounds like a bunch of high-pitched clicking -- so annoying that I could only stand about 30 seconds of their babble. They are the reason the term "bitch slap" was coined.

If you're really pissed off that ABC allows this to continue to go on, then find out who the advertisers are on all ABC shows and sent them an email telling them what you think about their association with this whole dispicable act.

And while you are at it, I would do the same with NBC and Trump. The male version of Rosie (albeit with marginally better hair). Both are serious wastes of protoplasm.

The issue is not a waste of protoplasm. That could be said of most of TV. The issue is ABC is hosting Rosie spewing offensive, anti- American venom, with no basis in fact, like claiming 911 was a false flag operation run by the govt. That is offensive to the families of those that died that day and just gives aid and comfort to the responsible Islamic extremists.

IIRC, the famous team of the Loizeaux family (sp?) dropped the Hacienda hotel here in Las Vegas. A large end wall stood there after the explosion. The next day, a nudge from a loader and wrecking ball brought it down.
But, yes, I did see one building, a rather large one that only dropped a couple of floors. That would be asshole pucker factor one getting next to it with equipment and chewing away at it. Or crawling in there and placing more explosives.
I think they just get those big hydraulic machines with the crab claw arms to reach in there and break it apart very slowly and expensively.
Someone paid big bucks for that screwup.
Steve

department store in Detroit, and managed to gash up an elevated track for the downtown loop rail car system, in spite of their assurances that the old brick wall would drop where they said it would. (Think airport tram, but without the airport). For a year till they rebuilt that section, the train had to do U's instead of O's. Not a big deal, since other than during the annual auto show, the thing is more of an amusement part ride for tourists, rather than a real mass transit device.
Given that the 'as built' specs for old buildings are often very different than what the old plans and the site survey say, it is remarkable that demo implosions usually go exactly as planned. They tended to build things a lot stronger back them, because they just weren't sure how strong was strong enough.
aem sends....

The archetype of that was the Sands. The guys from Controlled Demolition started to put their charges on the building and found that the concrete slabs were almost 25% above what they were supposed to be. The consensus was that the concrete contractor was so intimidated by building for the Mob that he made SURE there were no problems. (g0;.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

There's no profit in that. There's got to be some profit in it for everybody.
Find a large local government project being built at the same time as the Sands, and you'll probably find out who paid for the Sands it-fell- off-a-truck concrete. The concrete was probably billed as extras. You've got a problem with that? ;)

No, Godfather. Although I think the proper term is You gotta problem wit dat?

I have lived in Las Vegas, and can see that you know nothing about Las Vegas. When the mob builds a building, they tell you who to use, how much to use, and where to go to the bathroom. AND, they are by every week or two for their envelope or brief case. If it's not ready, they need a little less concrete because someone's taking up a little space in there.
During the construction of the Dunes, construction cost overruns were very high because of union contractors who had to kick back to the mob. It was local knowledge, and Loizeaux ran into exactly the same problems on that implosion with overbuilding.
Who are you and where do you live that you can give such adamant advice about what happened in Las Vegas in the sixties?
Steve
They spent more on concrete because they ordered more. They ordered more because if the job had been done right, there wouldn't have been as high a vig for the mob boys.
I notice you use the word "probably" a lot. That means you don't know and are guessing.
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:47:08 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@nomail.com wrote:

I saw that too. It would be a good technique if you had a building that was 10 feet too tall.

technically they DONT blow them up its called controlled demolition, they mostly cut the main supports then take out what remains with explosives cutting the beams

In Las Vegas; buildings a stripped with recycle in mind. The local Animal Control received materials at a better rate than new.
Basically, local governments can obtain material that is still useable.
-- Oren