OT: Billy Mays' Autopsy

Page 2 of 4
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Back in the mid 80's before cellphones really took off, probably because the handhelds were called bricks because of their size and because of the $2,000.00 price tag, I was traveling down the expressway when a car pulled on to the road, cut across three lanes in front of me causing to spin out to avoid the car and about 50 cars behind me locked up their brakes to keep from hitting me, (lucky, no accidents) since I was pointing the wrong way. GEEZ! I took off after that actinic sphincter to give him a hand signal but when I pulled up next to the car, I could see two women yacking to each other completely oblivious to potential carnage they almost caused. It's not the fault of the cellphone, it's the nut behind the wheel! Blaming cellphones for accidents is like blaming water for drownings. Hum... or guns for murder.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

40+ years ago, Ian Fleming noted that the only thing that scared him in traffic was a car with two or more women in it, because women cannot have a conversation without looking at each other. And if one of them is driving, well...
Ever since then, I've watched out for that, and have found his words to be true more often than not.
-- aem sends...
wrote in message

What a statement from a smoker/drinker "I have always smoked and drunk and loved too much. In fact I have lived not too long but too much. One day the Iron Crab will get me. Then I shall have died of living too much."
aemeijers wrote:

I pulled up behind a couple of women at a red light some years ago and noticed that they were having a very animated conversation. When the light changed, the car sat there with the two women still going at it without pause. I waited a polite few seconds then blew the horn, no movement, another toot, no movement. By this time, the other drivers were getting impatient and started honking, I laid down on the horn again, still nothing. I then flashed my lights and the driver of the car looked up, waved and drove on. It was then, that I realized that the animated conversation was in American Sign Language.
TDD
wrote in message

Luv it! It's like a Reader's Digest moment.
wrote in message

Let's see. We went from Billy Mays to American Sign Language in this thread.
How would Billy scream in American Sign?
Is the closed caption all in caps?

He would just slap you in the face every other word. Sort of like he did your ears.
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 20:00:11 +0000 (UTC), G. Morgan

Ask yourself one question: Would you like to have some wacked out druggy in his car traveling toward your family and then suddenly cross the center line. The resulting crash kills your entire family and the druggy walks away. Would you have the same opinion of these criminals then?
Gordon Shumway
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 19:15:38 -0500, Gordon Shumway

Ask yourself, what is the difference between being wacked out on a street drug or any of the readily available legal ones. The only person I know who was really hooked on cocaine was cured when a Dr Feelgood decided he was ADD. Now he gets his fix with 30mg of BiPhetamines every day. He is wired up tighter than a 100 year old champagne cork all the time and his prescription plan pays for it. Don't even get me started on the pain pill abusers (AKA fiberneuralgia, bad back or any other thing that gets you a scrip). I wouldn't even want to share the road with a Nyquil freak.
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 20:50:19 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I feel the same way about the legal drugs too but the discussion was about cocaine. Anyone driving under the influence is piloting a potentially lethal weapon. If those criminals vanished from the face of the earth tomorrow it wouldn't break my heart.
Gordon Shumway

I'd sure like it if my bad back (broke it) and spondylosis (degenerative bone disease) would get better. I'd trade the pain and give up the pills. My FIL is currently going through terminal stomach cancer, and has only a few months to go. I guess we should all just suck it up.
Steve

... and you are out there driving while Paris Hilton did time for blowing a .08

Take this stone so you may be the first to cast one ...........

I have fairly severe RA (both wrists and a knee) but I man up and stay sober. Driving while stoned on hydrocodone can be as dangerous as driving drunk but people are in denial because a doctor gave it to them. Common side effects include dizziness, lightheadedness, nausea, sweating, drowsiness, constipation, vomiting, and euphoria. (from the PDR). I think I would rather have a guy with a little cocaine buzz coming at me than a guy with " dizziness, lightheadedness ,.. drowsiness, and euphoria"

What scares the shit out of me is those stupid 17 year olds in a hurry, talking or texting. I have none of the symptoms you related. After an accident a year and a half ago, I was blood tested. State lab came back with .000 for everything, although I take the medicine regularly. I guess I metabolize it well, and don't have any side effects other than pain relief.
I have been driving 46 years now, and am a good operator. I say operator rather than driver because a driver merely knows how to make a car go and stop. I've driven a lot of big stuff, big equipment, and big cranes. I think you'd rather see me on the highway than some twit just a' twittering her little ass off. I can drive better impaired than a lot of people can stone sober.
YMMV
Steve

May be the most dangerous addiction of all for drivers
SteveB wrote:

Ask for Oxycodone 5mg with no APAP or any other NSAID in it.

It recently happened on NY highway. Mom driving drunk crashed head on. 8 people dead.
Gordon Shumway wrote:

Of course not. Driving while intoxicated is endangering others. Stealing from others for drug money is wrong too. Both are jailable offences.
The person I responded to acts as if all alcoholics/addicts should be "dead", just because they have that malady.

Yea but the big one is 0-y, 0-m, 01-d. Nobody gets anywhere without it or gets to skip it. Hats off to you as well.