OT: Beer Prices ?

It's funny that gas is cheaper than beer. :-)

Reply to
Andy

| My favorite is Moosehead, a Canadian beer. A beer joke from my Canadian friends: |

I remember that one from many years ago. I didn't know it was still around.

Reply to
Mayayana

Per Ed Pawlowski:

A looooong time ago I was treasurer of a rather large civic association in Philadelphia.

To raise money, we had a "Truckload of Booze" raffle and it fell upon me to go down to the nearby State Store to purchase $1,500 worth of liquor.

This was when $1,500 was big bucks - and independent store owner would have had his wife or daughter out there serving me coffee and cake while I waited for the order to be picked.

State store employee with an enormous beer belly took my list, looked at it... an expression of disgust crossed his face, and he said to a co-worker, right in front of me, "See what we have to put up with"....

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per Pavel314:

My German relatives used to refer to American beer as "Pisswasser".

Now, with the EU and all, I hear they're actually drinking Bud and the like over there.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per burfordTjustice:

If I see a penny on the street, I stop, bend over, and pick it up.

It's called respect for money.

An American, an Englishman, and a Scot sit down at the bar and each orders a beer.

Bartender delivers the beers and, amazingly, each beer has a fly in it.

American shoves the beer aside and yells "Bartender!... bring me another beer".

Englishman makes a face, daintily reaches into the beer, pinches the fly, lifts it out of the beer, and throws it aside.

Scot pinches the fly, lifts it out of the beer...... And wrings it out.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per Andy:

I have priced bottled water that is more expensive than gas... and people were buying the stuff.

Go figure...

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

| My German relatives used to refer to American beer as "Pisswasser". | | Now, with the EU and all, I hear they're actually drinking Bud and the | like over there.

Years ago I dated a British woman and visited England for a couple of weeks. I found that the more upscale and youth-oriented the bar, the more likely they were to serve American brands. And not just American; bottom-of-the-barrel American brands like Schlitz. In their defense, though, I think that's a universal tendency. This very night is the final installment on PBS of the absurd soap opera known as Downton Abbey. If it were American no one would watch such drivel except on the major networks at 2PM on weekdays, but for the droves of Anglophile PBS supporters it's high culture. :)

Reply to
Mayayana

notbob posted for all of us...

What's wrong with that?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Nothing ....if they really wanted to curb drinking. But, they don't. They jes want yer $$$$!

Notice how alcohol laws have been relaxed. Are the powers-that-be doing anything to curb drinking. NO! In fact, they will do anything it takes --including making the acquisition of booze easier-- to get more of yer $$$$ on a DUI. They could give a rat's ass if you die or kill someone else. Now, it's nothing but a revenue source for 'em.

nb

Reply to
notbob

You must be that guy who shows up at someone's house to do some home repairs, and you come with a very large toolbox. Inside that toolbox is a couple screwdrivers (in a can), and a 24 pack of beer!

Reply to
Paintedcow

**** In Texas we can buy several brands that are over 8%. They taste like crap, but, after a short orientation, ii doeesn't matter....
Reply to
MikeJones

notbob posted for all of us...

They lowered the BAC to .08 nationally. How is the relaxing the law?

Not in PA, they have an antiquated system and they are clinging like leeches to it.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Yer right, I'm wrong.

I shoulda sed, "alcohol availability laws". Here in CO, they allowed sale of alcohol on Sundays. When I got here, in 2007, Sunday was blue. I jes saw an ad fer some kinda fruit juicy bourbon (jim bum?). The fact that a national std was set only means the hooch dealers/makers woulda rioted if any state went lower.

Yeah, we still got some weird ones. We can only buy 3.2 beer in supermarkets. ????

nb

Reply to
notbob