OT. Beer can shape.

Page 2 of 2
On 04/20/2015 03:44 AM, RobertMacy wrote:

LOL
So hard sometimes to interpret posts without seeing the smirk on one's face.

I no longer drink alcohol but in Milwaukee one does not have to go too far to see a can of beer and they loo9k the same as soda cans to me.

Not too long ago I want to a bar to celebrate a friend's birthday. Since I don't drink beer or soda I decided to try a non-alcoholic beer. When I asked the bartender for one, after rummaging around for quite some time she found a Clausthaler. Though it did not really taste like beer, it was not too bad. When I ordered a 2nd one , when she served it, she said it was their last one.
I guess non-alcoholic beer is not big here in Milwaukee

Possibly not the container, but the way the person was driving.
Way back a million years ago I was coming home from an office party and had been drinking. I do not know if I was over the limit or not...but I got stopped for speeding. When I realized that I was not stopped for suspicion of drinking, I took the speeding ticket with no argument.
philo: The mind is amazing that way - the EXACT SAME SHAPE container can look different dressed in the livery of an alcoholic beverage as opposed to that of a soft drink.
The keg-shape can one brewer marketed not long ago is an exception; it does look different.
On 04/20/2015 08:18 AM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

OTOH: I've seen people say that two cars looked alike, when they did not...they were simply painted the same color and were about the same size.
philo wrote: "- show quoted text - OTOH: I've seen people say that two cars looked alike, when they did not...they were simply painted the same color and were about the same size. "
Not surprised, especially now when you can have any shape car you want - aerodynamic! Useta be I could tell cars apart at night just by the shapes/numbers of headlamps. During daylight, these new Fords and Hyundais are practically indistinguishable from any angle(Focus vs Elantra, Fusion vs 2015 Sonata). And Lexus lately has a hard-on for Mercedes tail-lamps!
On 04/20/2015 08:54 AM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yep, back in the old days cars were quite distinctive.
Now days they all look pretty much the same.
OTOH: Back in the old days, not only were they typically unsafe gas guzzlers, they did not usually go more than 75k miles unless you spent a lot of money on maintenance.
Today a car can probably go 200k miles before it starts falling apart.
On 04/20/2015 07:18 AM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Years ago I drove a school bus. I'd been into town on my bicycle and had gotten a can of Safeway cola out of the machine in front of the store. While hanging around with the other drivers waiting for the afternoon run, I took the can out of my pack and popped the top. I got some strange looks since the color scheme was similar to a can of PBR.
On Monday, April 20, 2015 at 4:41:39 AM UTC-4, Robert Macy wrote:

Just to make sure I'm not crazy, I just compared a Miller Lite beer can to a Coke can. They are virtually identical, except for the labeling. And from recollection, they've been that way for a long time. Even when they were slightly different, I don't buy that a cop could see if you're drinking a beer or soda from the shape of the can while you're driving in a car. Not unless he's so close that he can easily figure out which one it probably is from the color/labeling.
On 04/20/2015 08:41 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Yep.
Even if the cans were a bit different no cop could tell from a distance unless he saw the label.
I recall at one time there were (probably still are) fake labels for soda you could wrap around a beer can so allow you to drink beer in public places where drinking beer was not allowed.
On 04/20/2015 07:47 AM, philo wrote:

Isn't that what they make those foam sleeves for?

As for the cops, you'd be surprised what they can see. I had a CHP blow past me on his motorcycle --on my right-- doing about 10-15 mph faster than me. When he was jes off my starbard bow, he slowed, looked back, and made a jesture which unmistakenly meant, "put on your seatbelt", then took off again.
nb
On 04/20/2015 07:41 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Like I said in another post, I've had people standing 6' away mistake a can of cola for a can of beer just because of the color scheme.